Noordam Neptune Suite 8140

buhbyenow

Upcoming NZ/AU cruise on Noordam, first time on this ship. Have had a Neptune suite on Zuiderdam but not an aft corner. Have any of you stayed in this suite and what are your impressions of the location? I’ve read comments that this location on Westerdam lacked the dressing room which we utilize a lot (3 women traveling together).  Also, photos I’ve found don’t show deck loungers on the verandah…but maybe since the ship’s refurbishing they are now provided?  Also comments on noise and cigarette smoke from the deck above are concerning.  Thank you in advance for your information!

19 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Have you tried Halfacts?   They may have the cabin or a mirror image.   

Yes, nothing about my suite and little about Noordam and appears to be a lot of old photos (2012-16) in general.  Thanks for the suggestion! 

We found the aft cabins have a lot of wake noise, and certainly a lot of wind passing over the back of the ship so both pool noise or cigarette smoke should not be a problem.  The curve of the back profile of the ship as it goes to the higher decks does mean slightly smaller spaces for those upper deck aft cabins compared to the lower deck ones. 

Recently off the Noordam, lovely ship and now with a new and more spacious library. Hope it all works out  and you have a wonderful cruise. That is a wonderful itinerary. 

I have recently sailed on Noordam in aft Neptune Suites on decks 4 and 6.  We absolutely love the aft suites.  I have not been in the stateroom you've asked about, but I have a couple of things that might be relevant. 

I have not experienced adverse wake noise or other noises that were an issue, and I am very noise-sensitive.  My concern for your stateroom would be chair noise from the Lido deck above you, but I can't address that issue with my experience.

In the deck 6 suite, we had three or four instances of the smell of cigarette smoke.  It was a starboard suite and the smoking area is aft starboard on deck 9.  The smell persisted for about 10 minutes each time.  We did not have that problem on the deck 4 suite, which was on the port side.  Wind was an issue, but I can't say it was a bigger issue in our suites than on other verandahs. 

There should be two sets of deck loungers and one table that seats 4 on every aft Neptune Suite verandah.

Here's a link to photos of the Westerdam suite 8140.  It shows a changing room.  Even though the pictures are old, the configuration shouldn't have changed during dry dock retrofitting.

https://halfacts.com/8140-westerdam-s/

We loved sailing on Noordam.  I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we enjoyed ours.

I have been in one of the aft corners on the ship, but not deck 8.  I always pick 4 when available because the balcony is HUGE.  

There is a little dressing area between the bathroom and bedroom, with a curtain.  It holds the vanity with hair dryer and has mirrors.  

Motion no different than other places on the ship.  It’s an easy walk to the lounge.  I hope you’ll love the corners as much as we do.  (Next trip only deck 6 had one open.  It won’t be my beloved deck 4 but still a corner)