can't remember what they're called

lilyfrog73

I bought a few cute dresses for my upcoming cruise at the end of last summer and have lost a few pounds since. I really like the dresses and was wondering if anyone can remember what those clip things are called that you would clip to the back of a blouse or dress. They have a clip or clasp on each side and they would gather the dress or blouse. You could get them with little dangles on them to make them look dressier. I hope I am explaining them right. I would like to get a few and can't remember what they were called to do a search.

I believe they are simply called "dress clips"

try this solution "I bought a device in the notions section of a fabric store, it's meant to provide "fit" to loose-fitting coats and dresses. It's a length of elastic with clips on each end, sorry, I forget the proper name" - you could also use the clips from a pair of suspenders and use a piece of ribbon.fabric between them

a google serach shows a bunch of different antique varieties on all sorts of sites... nothing exciting there....

good luck

Okay... Please do not get offended as no insult is intended....Buuuutttt...

Dare I say I would not be caught dead wearing one of those things? :confused:

There I said it... I am sorry, I agree with the above post.The thing you described are definately out of style and I agree would make anyone look frumpy for sure. The proper thing to do is have the dress taken in or altered. It would definately be a no no IMHO.... but that is me

I have never seen anyone wear anything like that - didn't even know they made them. But I agree with the above poster - have the dresses altered!!! The clip thing sounds rather tacky...no offense intended.:o

They were all the rage a number of years ago, can't say how many, time flies! I kept one around that had small rosebuds on it, it was a work of art, but I never actually found anything to wear it on. :D

Archived