3 night dining package Wonder of the Seas

Hi we ar on Wonder in February and have the 3 night dining package. We can’t make reservations until we board. I was wondering if there will still be any decent time’s available by then. Just would hate to have to eat at 9:00pm each night. Anyone with experience doing this that can shed some light on the topic would be appreciated 

thanks Dave 

3 minutes ago, dmccadden said:

was wondering if there will still be any decent time’s available by then. Just would hate to have to eat at 9:00pm each night

We were on the Wonder with the 3 night package last March, we also had a speciality dining voucher from our TA.  We had an early boarding time and went right to the dining table and made all of our reservations upon boarding.  We were able to get all of the restaurants we wanted close to the times we wanted as well. By the time we finished the lines were a bit longer and the speciality restaurants were all pretty full the 4 nights we dined in them. 

27 minutes ago, dmccadden said:

Can I ask what time you boarded

We had the earliest for general boarding, 10:30 I think. Now when we cruised they did somewhat enforce boarding times early, meaning they had areas set up outside of the terminal by boarding time that they physically checked and they did let us in based on our group, we checked in and once inside the terminal we sat again by boarding time and allowed to enter the ship shortly after that.  I do believe it relaxed a bit with the later boarding times, it seemed at Port Canaveral for our cruise they were doing this for the initial rush.  Friends of ours who had an 11:30 boarding time were allowed on before that.  This was our experience, many will say show up when you want just don't be surprised if initially you are kept outside in the 12:30 group until the earlier groups are allowed in.

The other tip I'd have, you may already know this but you can also go to a speciality restaurant to make your reservations for any restaurant. My wife and I split up when we board, one goes to the dining table in the Royal Promenade and one goes to a speciality restaurant and we communicate to whoever gets served first.  

1 hour ago, dmccadden said:

Can I ask what time you boarded we have. 12:30 boarding time. Was thinking about going earlier. Hoping they would let us on, there  are 7 of us. - thanks

You can go through the Check-in Process again when you get to the check-in time, if it is not earlier than what you have just exit out and try again the next day... 

We did this a couple of times and it has worked. Can't say it will always work but it can't hurt to try 😄