Ncl port in DR?

Joesantos

We’re going back to DR on Ncl getaway in February is there a resort area at port with lazy river and beach, for free.

as I recall last year it was only for Carnival cruise ships.

Anyone know of a good beach to visit last year the beach we went to was terrible. Not a favorite place yet. Trying hard to find nice beaches.

thanks

Apparently NCL's port is Taino Bay. Which I saw on YouTubers ParoDeeJay that they do have a couple of pools, surf simulator, lazy river and shopping/restaurants to enjoy. I am still confused why NCL says they dock at Amber Cove when they actually dock at Taino. Not that it matters in the grand scheme but still confusing.

We are on the Getaway next month (Feb). I read not too far from where the ship docks there is a place you can interact with monkeys. I believe it’s $25 per person. Does anyone know where the Getaway is docked and if it is the same dock as the monkey area 

We just got off an NCL cruise Sunday and we docked at Amber Cove. We did Coconut Cove beach excursion through NCL so I can’t really tell you about the beach at Amber Cove, but I wouldn’t recommend Coconut Cove. The beach itself was fine, but the sand was coarse and brown. They had plenty chairs and umbrellas, but the “buffet” was rice, beans, and chicken. They had coconut and some other fruit. I was not a fan of the 45 minute dirt road drive - in an open air vehicle - to get there either.