Travel Insurance

Not sure we're allowed to give specific companies on this forum. However, may I suggest that if you have private health insurance or are a member of an automobile club (you know the road side assist ones), they often give discounts on travel insurance for members and as I suggested elsewhere some credit cards offer free travel insurance. Other than that, perhaps do research or use one of those comparison sites. Sorry I can't be more specific.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Not sure we're allowed to give specific companies on this forum. However, may I suggest that if you have private health insurance or are a member of an automobile club (you know the road side assist ones), they often give discounts on travel insurance for members and as I suggested elsewhere some credit cards offer free travel insurance. Other than that, perhaps do research or use one of those comparison sites. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Thanks haven't cruised for a couple of years, My AMEX has insurance but I don't think it covers the most important cruising add ons like  ship to shore emergency evac cover? I am also presuming nobody covers for anything Covid related?

18 hours ago, fishtaco said:

Thanks haven't cruised for a couple of years, My AMEX has insurance but I don't think it covers the most important cruising add ons like  ship to shore emergency evac cover? I am also presuming nobody covers for anything Covid related?

I suggest you contact your credit card company and enquire. From what I've read, some credit card insurance does cover both comprehensive medical (including evac) and covid related. But, of course, each bank is different. Well worth asking AMEX the question.

There's a current thread on the Australia New Zealand forum that may be of assistance to you regarding credit card insurance.

ttps://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2951594-cruising-westpac-and-anz-complimentary-travel-insurance/page/2/#comments

• Like 1

Have contacted AMEX and Platinum included Insurance is pretty inclusive for cruises, just have to find out about "Pre Existing because mid last year I was diagnosed for the first time with "Hypertension" So I may need to take out a separate policy with a TI company that covers pre existing with a charge of course! lol