MSC - linking confirmed res issues, advice?

Fogfog

Oh the infamous issues of MSC tech

So one of our sailings is linked, the other isn't

We've tried through the portal- the MSC side with confirmation number, name etc

and we've tried login into our MSC and linking via acct settings link

AND we have called TA to ask for help. She called MSC who told her "that some are experiencing this problem-- clear your cache etc"

Cleared browser/cache and that not it. 

Ideas? We can't do preboard check in, luggage tags etc without being linked. The MSC agent told our TA they could link it on the ship--which is absurd.. I can't get into do the preboard stuff.

Advice welcome re tech -- I hate to call MSC myself --as we used a TA.

So I called MSC.. and spoke to tech. 

And she says the TA put our middle names into the first name field..and MSC has to fix it-- and the "damage is done" by the TA...

She tells me to email existing reservations etc. to have both reservations fixed--and expect it to "take a week".

Emailed as instructed. 

The boilerplate message back from that box indicates the triage for that mailbox/office and gives a telephone number to call--- that gives me an error beeping. 🤪 

none of this makes sense as the one cruise IS connected and linked. The other one is not and the "tech" support" couldn't fix the tech problem

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Fissues said:

I always have to enter my first and middle name together in the first field. Bingo. Works every time. 
Ethan Ellery

Tried every connotation to it...and settings add link, login by confirmation number etc.

I was able to "successfully link a sailing--yet don't see it in our list of current upcoming sailings.

Seems MSc shoreside tech and site is having issues.. which seems more normal for MSC unfortunately. 

No much to add there except to say that I feel you pain with the MSC website/tech!  At least you're still able to login, I'm locked out completely because the site thinks I'm coming in from a completely different country!

3 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

No much to add there except to say that I feel you pain with the MSC website/tech!  At least you're still able to login, I'm locked out completely because the site thinks I'm coming in from a completely different country!

Well thats unfortunate too isn't it.

We are looking at some long sailings and one minute see staterooms, the next monet with refresh we can't see anything.

Crazy...and our TA wasn't helpful. MSC tech told me to email. The email seems like a deadened and the tel on the email bounce-back sees a dead end. 

Would be interested in hearing your comparison re YC and Haven