Queen Anne - Grills Suite 10005 - Wrap around balcony and deck?

KevinG-US

Hello:

We are just about to book a cruise, first cruise for us. Looking at the Queen Anne deck plans online, the balcony does not seem to wrap around. Looking at the very glossy paper guide titled Grills Suites" I got mailed from Cunard, the Queen Anne room 10005 and 10006, seem to show a wrap around balcony/deck. Its shown on page 21 at the back of the booklet. 

Seems to be a conflict in the deck plan and color Suites pictures or artist renditions in the booklet. I sure hope they are wrap around as you would have forward facing decking and probably windows. 

I know the ship is not launched yet but if anyone has an answer, that would be great. 

We fully understand its forward and high. I don't believe we get sea sickness so we should be okay with some movement. 

Thank You.

I don't think any of us will know for absolute certain, but the deck plan certainly shows a side balcony and not wraparound.

Deck plans are usually fairly accurate.

edit

In the current brochure I have, there is a caveat on the stateroom pictures which says the pictures and diagrams are examples and individual staterooms may vary.

That's true, The photo of the Grand Suite is of  a deck seven QV Q1 and bears no resemblance to a QE Q1,

Same for the Master Suite which is a picture of the proposed Q2 on QA. Nothing like the Q2s on QE and QV.

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, KevinG-US said:

high. I don't believe we get sea sickness

What is your itinerary? Being a first cruise and that’s a high deck, going across certain routes could get bumpy:  North Sea etc. 

Edited by NE John

Itinerary is Southampton, Norway, Northern Lights back to Southampton - 12 nights. We are seasoned travelers, done a few Ferry Crossings England to Ireland for example. Sailed a little but no open ocean. We will bring Seasickness medication in addition to Stella and Wine, just in case.  

We completely understand that we may be a bit early for seeing the Northern Lights but that is not a deal breaker. 

If the cruise goes well and we both like the experience, I'd love to do a longer cruise, Maybe Australia, Japan, New Zealand. Obviously throw a Transatlantic crossing in too. The cost is more than I originally thought. I was looking at Viking and Cunard and just opted for Cunard as I am from England originally and appreciate the "British focus".

• Like 1

Ask questions because many people are helpful here. Even humorous…

From an American perspective, Cunard is more British (with a more formal dress code) than Viking and not as expensive, even in QG. 
But QA is new to us all and many answers you may receive might be guesses, as @Victoria2 states that we don’t know much for certain. 

Edited by NE John