Why are there so many POC posts on the board?

MamaParrotHead

This board for newbies is kinda like getting a package that has to be assembled. I've been guilty of just going ahead and try and put it together and then having to go back and read the instructions.

I think the same happens here. People are excited and just plunge in. I think that's ok. And I agree with someone before that said some people are just lazy too.

I just pass over the post and on to a topic that I find interesting. Depends on how much time I have on my hands!!

Like this one!!:o

Really? Here is your original post below.

"We're headed W. Caribbean, and looking at excursions. While we really enjoy active and different excursions, we like to atleast poke around in the local shops for an hour or two before heading back to the ship. Can anyone tell me if Coz, GC and Ocho Rios have decent shopping (not looking for any major purchases, just some unique items to the area and hoping every shop isn't a tshirt shop) near the pier/tendering area (or within quick walking distance)? Thanks. :)"

Funny, but I see nothing there specific to "Carnival" or "Triumph", but a general question about shops near where cruise ships dock/tender. Not so much unlike some of the posts that you say you are so bugged about! In fact, some of the posts you say you are bugged about are very specific to POC when cruising on "Carnival" - - unlike your post.

Bottom line MamaP - back down on the posters who post POC questions on the Carnival board and admit with some humility that you were wrong. By your logic, you should have posted your shopping question on the Coz, GC and Ocho Rios POC boards, respectively. So give everyone else a break.

Coz, Ocho Rios and GC are the Western Caribbean route for the Triumph, I guess I figured I didn't need to provide the specifics for those who have been on that route to recognize it. and the way I figure it, "Can anyone tell me if there's shopping near where the tendering area?" is the real question in my post, which is what I stated it was. I figured it was general enough, and so many Carnival ships have these ports on their itineraries, they could give me the general vacinity of the shopping areas. Yes, I could have probably reposted the same post 3 times, but honestly felt it was a borderline judgement call and made my decisions based on that.

I don't think that I'm wrong, and judging from the fact that the majority of those posts have been moved, neither did the hosts. And *my* bottom line would probably be that, barring your having a "Host" preface to your name or someone dying and leaving you in charge , you don't have the right to tell me or anyone else to "back down". I chose not to reply to the individual threads, being pissy to everyone, for fear of it coming across as a personal attack. Sounds like you're the one that may want to consider chilling out. :cool:

Coz, Ocho Rios and GC are the Western Caribbean route for the Triumph, I guess I figured I didn't need to provide the specifics for those who have been on that route to recognize it. and the way I figure it, "Can anyone tell me if there's shopping near where the tendering area?" is the real question in my post, which is what I stated it was. I figured it was general enough, and so many Carnival ships have these ports on their itineraries, they could give me the general vacinity of the shopping areas. Yes, I could have probably reposted the same post 3 times, but honestly felt it was a borderline judgement call and made my decisions based on that.

I don't think that I'm wrong, and judging from the fact that the majority of those posts have been moved, neither did the hosts. And *my* bottom line would probably be that, barring your having a "Host" preface to your name or someone dying and leaving you in charge , you don't have the right to tell me or anyone else to "back down". I chose not to reply to the individual threads, being pissy to everyone, for fear of it coming across as a personal attack. Sounds like you're the one that may want to consider chilling out. :cool:

Mama, in all fairness... weren't you "playing host" by posting this??? Seriously, we have ALL (yes you too) posted things that probably should have been posted in the Floataway Lounge, or another board. There is no need to directly point every one of the violations out... it embarrasses people, just as I am sure it embarrassed you that someone found a post of yours that didn't belong here. If there are problems with the board, take it up with Randy, or Terry, or Laura, or any of the hosts... no need to embarrass people that might not have known better. Sure, there are some that are just lazy, but some truly don't know... and unless we educate them, they may never know. And calling them out, is not educating them. We've all done it... and we have to think how WE would have liked others to handle it. Just MHO.

Mama, in all fairness... weren't you "playing host" by posting this??? Seriously, we have ALL (yes you too) posted things that probably should have been posted in the Floataway Lounge, or another board. There is no need to directly point every one of the violations out... it embarrasses people, just as I am sure it embarrassed you that someone found a post of yours that didn't belong here. If there are problems with the board, take it up with Randy, or Terry, or Laura, or any of the hosts... no need to embarrass people that might not have known better. Sure, there are some that are just lazy, but some truly don't know... and unless we educate them, they may never know. And calling them out, is not educating them. We've all done it... and we have to think how WE would have liked others to handle it. Just MHO.

between "playing host" and a "personal attack". could be just my humble opinion, though. I was admittedly being picky, but didn't post directly to those posters purposefully, to spare their feelings or make them feel threatened. which to me makes the difference. I'm too old for lectures to begin with and think it's a tad out of line to be lectured on "humility" by someone who orders me to "back down" in the same breath. :rolleyes: I've conceeded to the fact it was a judgement call, but attempted to explain my thought process.

between "playing host" and a "personal attack". could be just my humble opinion, though. I was admittedly being picky, but didn't post directly to those posters purposefully, to spare their feelings or make them feel threatened. which to me makes the difference. I'm too old for lectures to begin with and think it's a tad out of line to be lectured on "humility" by someone who orders me to "back down" in the same breath. :rolleyes: I've conceeded to the fact it was a judgement call, but attempted to explain my thought process.

I didn't see a personal attack. And how were you sparing their feelings when you make the complaint, and then list the thread titles here? They know which threads they started. Would it not have spared their feelings more by saying, in their thread "you might get a better response by posting this in the port of call section", rather than calling them out on this thread?? You've had threads here on this board about the Bahamas Immigration Card, the Yellowbird Party boat, the See and Sea tour, the San Juan Pier, Xcaret in Cozumel... etc. So none of us are perfect... but to nicely point it out to someone, rather than doing it this way, may be taken a little easier... There are easier and nicer ways to point things out to people. I'm sure had I been the author of any of those threads, I would definitely be embarrassed after reading the first post, and then seeing my thread used as an example. Just MHO... like I said, everyone has done it, or will eventually do it... it happens. Some are lazy, some simply don't know. We have no way of knowing. All we can do is educate people on the proper place for those posts... many just don't know there is another place to put the post.

I didn't see a personal attack. And how were you sparing their feelings when you make the complaint, and then list the thread titles here? They know which threads they started. Would it not have spared their feelings more by saying, in their thread "you might get a better response by posting this in the port of call section", rather than calling them out on this thread?? You've had threads here on this board about the Bahamas Immigration Card, the Yellowbird Party boat, the See and Sea tour, the San Juan Pier, Xcaret in Cozumel... etc. So none of us are perfect... but to nicely point it out to someone, rather than doing it this way, may be taken a little easier... There are easier and nicer ways to point things out to people. I'm sure had I been the author of any of those threads, I would definitely be embarrassed after reading the first post, and then seeing my thread used as an example. Just MHO... like I said, everyone has done it, or will eventually do it... it happens. Some are lazy, some simply don't know. We have no way of knowing. All we can do is educate people on the proper place for those posts... many just don't know there is another place to put the post.

For the record, my initial post didn't name and names, someone asked "where?", so I answered. And the first few of those posts of mine were when I first joined (when people took the time to "educate" me, like tef's subtle and gentle reminders, which is what I was trying to avoid emulating), the others I had posted in POC first, and when I received no replies, THEN posted here. I realize it happens, and as I have said numerous times, I admitted to being anal...just commenting on the number of POC posts on the board at the time. The issue to me is that it has now become personal and I'm not a big fan of taking things to a personal level, instigated by those with moral supremacy issues.

If you don't see someone ordering me to "back down" and lecturing me on what they think my behavior should be as a personal attack, I don't know what is and I give up. :p

Seriously, I saw nothing even close to a personal attack in this comment... I actually agreed with it. She said to "back down on the posters"... that was not in any means a personal attack. I'm sorry you feel that way... I just don't see it. And some of those threads you started, were as far back as March 2006... this month. I'm not asking for you to defend yourself, I'm simply saying, you have made the same "mistakes" as well.

Bottom line MamaP - back down on the posters who post POC questions on the Carnival board and admit with some humility that you were wrong. By your logic, you should have posted your shopping question on the Coz, GC and Ocho Rios POC boards, respectively. So give everyone else a break.

I didn't see that last comment you put in there until afterwards... like I said, you made this all personal when you included people's posts in this thread. I'm sorry you feel you were attacked by being asked to back down to the posters... but you have admitted you have done the same thing as some of the posters you have criticized. I understand you are anal about it, but you have done the same exact thing. All I am saying, is you might find a little compassion... you don't have to blow someone out of the water like Tef, you can be nice and get your point across... I've seen you do it, I know it can be done. I'm not trying to be ugly, but trying to make a point.

My exact words were: "back down on the posters who post POC questions on the Carnival board and admit with some humility that you were wrong."

If you read them again, you won't find me "ordering" you to do anything. My point was identical to others who have posted here - - give the new posters a break. Seems to me that you blew it all out of proportion and spun my words into some horrible inflamatory personal attack on you.

Read them again, they are not as harsh as you are making them out to be. I think I must have just struck a nerve with the truth.

I really have no agenda here and no desire to argue. This is a VACATION board and I come here for pleasure. I just felt that I had to call out the discrepancy on this one, looking out for others who might now feel intimidated to post.

With that said, I am done with the thread. Life is too short.

Makes me want to pop some popcorn and pull up a chair. :D

Just kidding.

Sorta.

LOL! Rather absurd. Embarrased to be a part of it actually, which is why I am done. Sorry to disappoint :) I am sure another thread will pop up soon though that will be just as ridiculous.

LOL! Rather absurd. Embarrased to be a part of it actually, which is why I am done. Sorry to disappoint :) I am sure another thread will pop up soon though that will be just as ridiculous.

Oh they are out there... you just have to look, LOL. CC never disappoints when it comes to entertainment :D

I don't doubt it; but thankfully, I find the CC threads to be much less drama-filled than other forums, cruise-related or non-. :D

I don't doubt it; but thankfully, I find the CC threads to be much less drama-filled than other forums, cruise-related or non-. :D

That is the TRUTH!!! This place is extremely tame compared to many other places!!!!

I'm heading out on cruise in 48 hours. From this vantage point, this entire discussion (and the amount of energy and emotion evoked!) is a wonderment.

I think the people involved might be in the midst of cruise withdrawl and have simply forgotten the joys and pleasure of cruising (when you are) and talking about it (when you're not!).

Archived