Great Medical Care on Crystal Serenity

Arizonasunshine

I want to thank the entire medical staff and the doctor that treated my wife during the Christmas/New Years cruise on The Crystal Serenity.

My wife became very sick the last two days of the cruise. We visited the medical center where they examined her and diagnosed her with Cellutitis. The doctor ran blood work and prescribed intravenous antibiotics which were given to her three times during the last day and a half of the cruise.

When we arrived in Miami we were met in the medical center by paramedics from the Miami Fire Department and Customs Officials which allowed us to clear customs in the medical center. She was  taken off the ship in a wheel chair to an awaiting ambulance. Both the doctor and nurse accompanied us off the ship and wished us well.

The coordination of getting us off the ship to the awaiting ambulance took the efforts of many members of the Crystal staff to make this so flawless. I would like to thank them too, the unsung heroes that work in the background.

My wife was taken to The University of Miami Hospital where she was admitted and spent the next three nights. 

The diagnosis by the ship's doctor was spot on and his aggressive treatment of the infection had a huge impact on my wife's recovery. The nurse, Christy was professional and caring. My wife was in great hands.

I can't say enough good about the level of care my wife received while on the ship by Doctor Soto, Ibrain, nurse Christy and the staff and doctors at the Miami University Hospital.

• Like 14

Thank you for posting this affirmation of the quality of medical care on Crystal. Also very impressive professional care from the paramedics and immigration staff.  Best wishes to your wife for a complete recovery and a safe trip home.

Thank you for your post.  The medical team as you note is terrific based on our own experience on the voyage and the ones this summer.

i am glad your wife was in great hands while on board and in Miami. 

Keitj.