Just Booked Victory to Canada-Any Advice

shirleygr

Hey.

Just found a great deal on the Victory 4 night to Canada, July 22, so went ahead and booked it.

DH has to work, so it'll be my two sons, 16 and 12 yo, and my youngest daughter, 2 yo (my 4 yo DD is going to FL that week to go to Disney with the grandparents!). I've only been on the Fantasy class ships, so any advice or tips would be appreciated. Not sure what our cabins will be, booked an Inside Gty, but the PVP at Carnival said I'm guaranteed an upgrade as all 4A's are sold out. BTW, it was cheaper to book two cabins instead of putting all 4 of us into one (CT residency promotion). Also, any ideas on shore excursions in Halifax would be appreciated. Thanks, guys!

Shirley

cruising-courtesy-kindness

3-Night Anniversary Cruise on Majesty of the Seas . . . January 7, 2005

Family spring break cruise on the Dawn . . . April 17, 2005

NCL Majesty 11/98

CCL Ecstasy 1/01

CCL Fascination 11/01

CCL Fascination 4/03

RCI Majesty of the Seas 8/03

CCL Imagination 12/03

CCL Fascination 5/04

We took the trip to Halifax/Peggy's Cove. It was a long bus ride but rather interesting. Peggy's Cove is very nice. I wish we could have spent more time there. When we came back from there we walked along the water on the "boardwalk" in the harbor area. We went into the museum that has the Titanic stuff in it. Then we walked back a few streets and toured the brewery.....I think it's called Keith's but I'm not positive. It was a very nice port.....much nicer than Sydney was!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Legend Party to Nowhere October 22, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2005;5;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until our Legend Cruise to Somewhere May 13, 2005

Holiday May 2, 1987

Imagination Jan 22, 2001

Victory Sept 13, 2003

Miracle May 9, 2004

Legend Oct 22, 2004

Legend May 13, 2005

Thanks for the information, jfritz. How long was the ride to Peggy's Cove and did you do it through it through the ship or on your own? What did you do in peggy's cove? Was it mostly shopping?

Thanks for your help.

Shirley

Surprise! 4 Night to Canada on the Victory . . . July 22, 2004

NCL Majesty 11/98

CCL Ecstasy 1/01

CCL Fascination 11/01

CCL Fascination 4/03

CCL Imagination 12/03

CCL Fascination 5/04

Thanks, PokrChick.

I'll look for your review when you get back. Have a great cruise!

Shirley

NCL Majesty 11/98

CCL Ecstasy 1/01

CCL Fascination 11/01

CCL Fascination 4/03

CCL Imagination 12/03

CCL Fascination 5/04

I don't think Peggy's Cove has much shopping, it is more of a place to see nice scenery. The Halifax Citadel is fun to visit too and it is in Halifax, much more closer than Peggy's Cove. It depends what you want to do or see. Halifax is a nice city with a lot of activities in the Port area or within a few-minutes taxi ride. No need to book an excursion if you want my opinion.

Carnival Valor for the Vampires Halloween Party: countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;10;30;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NCL Dawn, December 2003

Hi, jp2001.

Thanks for your input. I was thinking of just putting my little one in her stroller and going for a walk around the downtown area. Not having to book an excursion sounds pretty good. Do you know where I could get a (free) guide to Halifax. I did a yahoo search, but didn't get any useful results.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Shirley

NCL Majesty 11/98

CCL Ecstasy 1/01

CCL Fascination 11/01

CCL Fascination 4/03

CCL Imagination 12/03

CCL Fascination 5/04

More specific to the ship; memorize the deck plans. The Victory has a few little quirks in layout that take some getting used to. You'll save yourself some time finding your way around and add to the quality of your cruise experience by taking care of this before you step on board.

Great ship, good choice!

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Sapphire Princess June '05

Caribbean Princess 09/17/05

Carnival Valor 10/30/05

Hey! We're going on the Victory too! I was beginning to think that my wife and I were the only ones on the ship. We initially booked an inside guarantee but I kept watching the prices and ended up getting two upgrades to a balcony guarantee! We're celebrating our anniversary and my wife's birthday on the cruise. My mom and her fiance' are also going with us. I saw one suggestion about renting a limo and having them drive you around so I think we're going to check that out. WELCOME ABOARD!

Carnival Miracle, April 04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;07;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

'til my next cruise fix on the Victory!

CruisingIsLife, I'll take your words of wisdom with me. Although getting lost on the ship can sometimes be fun, too. icon_wink.gif Thanks for the advice, and the compliment on choosing this ship. I'm really looking forward to cruising on a newer ship than I have in the past.

PokrChick, I'll check out those links. Thanks again.

Hi, OhioBeachBum. Thanks for the welcome. Just to let you know, there is an active roll call for this cruise over on that board. You might want to check in over there. Congrats on your upgrade to a balcony. That's awesome. Happy anniversary to you both and happy birthday to your wife. See you around the boards, and hopefully, on board!

Shirley

NCL Majesty 11/98

CCL Ecstasy 1/01

CCL Fascination 11/01

CCL Fascination 4/03

CCL Imagination 12/03

CCL Fascination 5/04

• 2 weeks later...

This is a MUST! Peggy's Cove was absolutely breathtaking and such a quaint area to visit. However, we had perfect weather that day - around 70 degrees and mostly sunny. Had it been raining, this would not have been nearly as good! Our tour guide from Aberdeen tours was great! Highly recommend both this tour and their company!!

Pokrchick, do you think my 2 yo would like it? I know it's about an hour on the bus to Peggy's Cove and then an hour back. I was concerned she might be bored on the bus, or fussy. I was thinking of just staying in Halifax and doing the doubledecker bus tour that you can get on and off. Just not sure what will work best for my diverse little group!

Thanks for the reminder, MrPeteLI. I actually need 2-one from my ex for the older kids and one from my dh for my youngest. Ah, the joys of parenthood!

Archived