Shoes!!!

Ok, I WAS trying to pack light for my next cruise but I'm getting frustrated. I was going to take one pair of black dress shoes that would be worn almost every night!:eek: I was going to wear a pair of brown shoes on the plane, take the black ones, and a pair of water shoes and MAYBE a pair of flipflops for the pool area.

BUT now I think I want to take a pink tank dress with a matching sheer jacket. Could I wear my black shoes with it? IF not, would a pair of bone shoes go with the pink dress? I wish I could just go to PayLess and get a pair to match but alas my feet don't cooperate! I'm a 6.5WW and they are hard to come by!

The last thing I want on a vacation is uncomfortable feet. It's no fun hobbling around on shoes that are too tight/high/pinch. If my feet don't feel good, I don't have fun. If I wear uncomfortable shoes either day or night, I suffer for a couple of days afterward.

While I'd wear the bone instead of black with pink, I think I'd try to also include at least one other outfit that goes with the bone, so you don't take a pair of shoes for only one thing.

I think bone before black, but what I'd do is find a pair of silver shoes. Sorry, that's not helping you pare down your packing, but I have a tendancy to bring shoes for every outfit.

I don't think people will be looking at your feet. They will be too busy looking for jeans and shorts in the dining room. LOL. Actually, if it's a pink sundress type dress, and it's casual night, how about those flip-flops. Some flippers are actually pretty dressy with flowers and stuff on them. And they are very lightweight to pack.

I just have to have the right shoes to be happy so I have given up on packing light, unless I am travellling internationally.

I am leaving tomorrow for 9 days, one week of it a cruise. My shoes are as follows:

2 pair of evening heels for formal wear, stilettos

1 pair of dressy wedges (an experiment)

1 pr metallic strappy slide in bronze, mid heel

I pair dressy black, gold, bronze sandals, stilettos

3 pairs flip flops

1 pair running shoes

I know myself well enough to trust that I will wear them all.

Thank goodness for porters!

Archived