credit card info

goldstar

Hi all we are sailing 5/7/06 on the star I do not have credit card in my name only hubbys and he will not be on this trip. Will they accept his

card? Or will they accept Visa gift cards? They are $5oo.00 cards.

Thanks for any advise

I don't think they will allow you to use a card issued in his name. Why don't you have him call his credit card company and have a second card issued on the account in your name? You should have enough time to get this done.

I don't think they will allow you to use a card issued in his name. Why don't you have him call his credit card company and have a second card issued on the account in your name? You should have enough time to get this done.

That would be my first choice as well.

The other option is to use traveler's checks. Put a deposit on the account when you board and pay it down as you go. The only down side is you will need to get in line the last morning to settle your account and get back any moneys not owed.

Gift cards may be a problem - check out the fine print - I know on the AMEX gift/travel cards they call out you can not use them for onboard expenses. I believe it has to do with the pre-authorization process the ships use.

Not that it is any of my bussiness, but you should have a card in your own name anyway. You should establish a credit history aside from that of your husbands. I wish you two many years together, but the unexpected can always happen. When and if it does, you will avoid much frustration if you have your own credit.

First, get a credit card with you name on his account. Really easy.

Next, get a credit card in your name

Then, you should always carry TWO credit cards in case you have problems with the other one. They are free as long as you pay them off.

Life is much easier with them, if you are able to manage them.

Archived