Galveston/Celebration

Hi tjohn159d- no I don't think I am going to be able to attend this one, because it is on my son's birthday. I hate missing it-it's always a lot of fun seeing everyone. Are you going to be able to attend? I hope so. I know at the last meeting some CC members were asking about the guy from OK. If you get to attend give my requards to the CC gang!

Hi tjohn159d- Are you going to be able to attend? I hope so. I know at the last meeting some CC members were asking about the guy from OK. If you get to attend give my requards to the CC gang!

Yep, plannin on coming down for this one and bringing DW with me. It looks like it is going to be a good one. There is going to be a pre/post party at the Hilton, also. Come on over after the Bday party, one of them will prob still be going on.

• 4 weeks later...

Whew! - Changinlat - thought I might have been ribbing you too hard - but I just couldn't resist.

And thanks everyone for all the info. I've been on a couple of cruises out of Florida, but I never would have gone if not for this board and I wouldn't be dragging my sis and nephews on this one if not for the info here.

We're up to figuring out proper methods for smuggling booze aboard.

And whether there's any way to get more than one bottle back. It seems from what I've read on serious web pages that one big bottle per person is it. Otherwiise you have to have a Texas resale license? Then we hear about people who've just paid a dollar extra in duty for half a dozen bottles of tequila. I just want a bottle of Heradura (sp?) And then I guess I'll refill it with something from a plastic bottle. I really don't think tequila would be so high in Texas if it weren't for all those country songs - y'all know the ones - "after five shots then I could dance." From what I've read I may have to have my 20 yr. old nephew claim my bottle of perfume if I can find it.

We're also trying to figure out which beach or beaches to go to. Thought we had it figured with Palmar Estates, Playa Uvas-Sur and Chankanab being so close together, but heck - maybe Paradise. The http://www.cozumelinsider.com site has been really good.

Does anyone remember the price of beer at Carlos n' Charlies? I'm also trying to total up how much the nephews will need to ride the ferry, bus, taxi etc. in case they miss the boat and have to catch us at Calica. Or maybe they should swim and hike if that should happen? I could use some good shark, barracuda and ugly iguana photos. I worry because that's exactly the kind of thing I would have done at their age. Does anyone know what time the ship actually makes it move from Cozumel to Calica? Surely in the am?

Thanks again for all the help,

Janel

We are booked on the 4 day cruise out of Galveston on the Celebration. Taking the whole family...13 of us. This will be a taste of cruising for all of them so they can decide if they want to go again. Was wondering on the four day cruise if there is a formal night?

Thanks

Travelkitkat

Just got back from a 4 day on Celebration. It was great, our first cruise. I thought the ship was in great shape and the crew was super. You could tell that some of the decor was from the 80's but I didn't mind that, I grew up in the 80s! I can't wait to try out some of the bigger ships. I'm sad to see Celebration leave Galveston but hope that Carnival brings in some other big ships. How big is Elation?

... Was wondering on the four day cruise if there is a formal night? ...
Yes, there is a formal night on the four day cruise. I can't remember for sure, but I'm thinking formal night is the first night at sea, Friday night. But if someone who has returned more recently tells you otherwise, then I would go with that. Have a great time.

I'm sad to see Celebration leave Galveston but hope that Carnival brings in some other big ships. How big is Elation?

Celebration is in the 48,000 gross tonnage size, and Elation is 70,000 (give or take a few) ;) so the Elation is quite a bit bigger! Just got back from the Elation and can now say we've really enjoyed sailing on both those ships!

Archived