Boarding time for 11:59 pm departure Celebrity Edge

mh5678

Does anyone know what time boarding starts for sailings that have a midnight departure time?  I’m doing a Hawaii to Vancouver cruise May 1. The ship departs Honolulu at midnight. Wondering if boarding will start at normal times or be later in the day because of the late departure time?  Does anyone have experience with departing late evening?

We don’t start our check in until March so I’m not sure what boarding times will be offered yet.  Just trying to determine if I will need to store my luggage at my hotel or if I can drop off my luggage at the ship and continue sight seeing.

Thanks!

I never been on the Edge but have done 3 cruises out of Honolulu. The boarding time have been the traditional 11:00am. They did require that all guest be on board way before the 11:59 departure. 

35 minutes ago, JLMcruise said:

I never been on the Edge but have done 3 cruises out of Honolulu. The boarding time have been the traditional 11:00am. They did require that all guest be on board way before the 11:59 departure. 

Thanks!

I’ve since discovered that the ship docks at 6 am so I think you are right that it will follow traditional boarding times.  I’ll board, drop my luggage and make sure I’m back for dinner.

I agree boarding times should be like normal.  We left on the Eclipse out of Honolulu last May.  We chose a noon boarding time just to give us a bit more time to return our rental car and get out of our hotel but I'm pretty sure we could have chosen as early as 11:00 a.m.

I don't know if it was just our timing but that was by far the easiest embarkation I have ever done.  We never stopped walking except the brief pause to look at our documents.

7 hours ago, prmssk said:

I agree boarding times should be like normal.  We left on the Eclipse out of Honolulu last May.  We chose a noon boarding time just to give us a bit more time to return our rental car and get out of our hotel but I'm pretty sure we could have chosen as early as 11:00 a.m.

I don't know if it was just our timing but that was by far the easiest embarkation I have ever done.  We never stopped walking except the brief pause to look at our documents.

Thanks!