Valiant Lady / Live / Feb 3 - 10 2024

scubagal44

9 hours ago, jb_quick said:

Dumb question...... but my better half is vegetarian and happens to love the sparkly bubbly vinos....

Is there a veggie option for the fried chicken and bubbles event?

No, unfortunately I don't think so. It was marketed as fried chicken with no mention of accommodation for vegetarian. 

• Like 1

Good morning from Martinique! 

Scarlet Night last night was so fun! It was so hot and humid, but everyone still had a great time. 

We have an excursion planned for today in Martinique and we're some of the very few up and about on the ship right now. I'm guessing most partied the night away and will join the land of the living at a later time. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, jb_quick said:

Dumb question...... but my better half is vegetarian and happens to love the sparkly bubbly vinos....

Is there a veggie option for the fried chicken and bubbles event?

Request potato chips or French fries instead? Both go extremely well with champagne, better imho. 

• Like 1

Martinique was great, our tour was amazing and it was a really fun day. Now we're back on board, and right now is the SOR cocktail hour. It's at the Athletic club, free flowing bubbles and sangria, and live music. 

• Like 5

It's our last full day on the ship! We are in St Kitts today, but hubby and I will be staying onboard. We've been to St Kitts before and are in more of a mood for a ship day than a port day. 

We have our thermal spa reservations in an hour.

If you've made it this far and are still following along, thank you! It has been so much fun. 

Edited by scubagal44
  • Like 13

Today's dilemma - today's procurement of the daily paper schedule shows that the butter chicken and beef wellington are both tonight's dinner specials at the Galley. I've been waiting all week for butter chicken to make an appearance, and here it finally is, on the last night. 

The dilemma is that we have reservations at Extra Virgin, which is my fav restaurant on the ship. 😩 We did already get to EV on the first night, but it's kind of my tradition to also close out the sailing with EV. 

Ughhhh what to do, what to do. Unfortunately I don't think it's as simple as two dinners, as I really can't eat that much and we have a pretty packed evening schedule. 

• Like 3

We started with $1400 in combined Bar Tab and Sailor Loot, now down to $494. 

Today is going to be a TREAT YO'SELF kind of day. 🤗

Screenshot_20240209_085426_Virgin Voyages.jpg

Edited by scubagal44
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, scubagal44 said:

It's our last full day on the ship! We are in St Kitts today, but hubby and I will be staying onboard. We've been to St Kitts before and are in more of a mood for a ship day than a port day. 

We have our thermal spa reservations in an hour.

If you've made it this far and are still following along, thank you! It has been so much fun. 

Thank yo for taking the time to share your cruise with us 🙂 

• Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 7:40 PM, scubagal44 said:

The Wake for dinner! Food was great, service sucked. My fav lemon cheesecake was fab, as always. 

20240207_191332.jpg

20240207_192537.jpg

20240207_192543.jpg

20240207_195005.jpg

20240207_195014.jpg

20240207_201853.jpg

20240207_201901.jpg

I wonder why they can't get service part right. From my own experience and what others have said the service just stinks over multiple sailings and ships. 😞

• Like 1

Thermal suite. Loving this space and everything about it. Just got out of a toasty 15 min in the dry sauna. Next up - salt room and mud room, and perhaps more time on the heated marble. 

20240209_090651.jpg

20240209_090710.jpg

20240209_090720.jpg

20240209_090901.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sherry84 said:

I wonder why they can't get service part right. From my own experience and what others have said the service just stinks over multiple sailings and ships. 😞

Yeah, not sure what the problem is there. Service was crappy for both brunch and dinner. Everywhere else it's great, so idk why they can't figure it out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Jan 27 sailing and ate in the Wake for 3 dinners and 3 breakfasts.  We had fabulous service 4 of those times.  The other two times, which was the same server, were less than great.  The server was friendly but very slow.  Slow to bring beverages, especially a second glass of wine, and slow with the entrees.  But our other servers were fantastic, some of the best on the ship.

Definitely hit and miss with the service in the Wake but it was also the place we ate the most....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

We were on the Jan 27 sailing and ate in the Wake for 3 dinners and 3 breakfasts.  We had fabulous service 4 of those times.  The other two times, which was the same server, were less than great.  The server was friendly but very slow.  Slow to bring beverages, especially a second glass of wine, and slow with the entrees.  But our other servers were fantastic, some of the best on the ship.

Definitely hit and miss with the service in the Wake but it was also the place we ate the most....

It's so bizarre! We had two different sets of servers for our breakfast and dinner visits, and both were pretty bad. 

On Scarlet in October, it was fabulous. 

So yeah, hit and miss for sure! 

• Like 1