Pre & Post Discover And Relax Tahiti

JCB1996

Hello , I will be on my first PG cruise in July 2024 with my wife for our honeymoon. We have booked as part of the cruise the LAX to PPT and return flights, this also comes with what the line calls "Pre Tahitian Relaxation" & "Post Discover And Relax In Papeete" 

I understand this includes a day room at the intercontinental. What else is included ? 

Also coming from the UK and I'm not sure if I imagined this but do we need to check in with anyone when we get to LAX ? 

Thanks

Jordan 

Edited by JCB1996
Spelling

• 4 months later...

Did you figure this out, Jordan?  98% sure that it includes transports to and from the Intercontinental, the day-use room and food.  We looked at the PG option, but at least as a stand-alone, it was prohibitively expensive compared to direct booking with the hotel. We're at the Intercontinental for a few days post-cruise, but we're renting a car in Papeete.

2 minutes ago, BeechMan said:

Did you figure this out, Jordan?  98% sure that it includes transports to and from the Intercontinental, the day-use room and food.  We looked at the PG option, but at least as a stand-alone, it was prohibitively expensive compared to direct booking with the hotel. We're at the Intercontinental for a few days post-cruise, but we're renting a car in Papeete.

Don't say that ! I have definitely overpaid then ! I think it is just basic transfers and day rooms to be honest ! I never did find out specifically,  I wondered if there was a tahiti tour maybe ?

1 minute ago, JCB1996 said:

Don't say that ! I have definitely overpaid then ! I think it is just basic transfers and day rooms to be honest ! I never did find out specifically,  I wondered if there was a tahiti tour maybe ?

In fairness, I was comparing the PG add-on for three nights at the Intercontinental versus direct booking.  For a three night over-water bungalow stay, the PG price was $3,000 USD more than direct-booking.  I don't know specifically about the day pass.  So let's assume you got a good deal!  I am pretty sure it does not include a tour.

Hey guys! The PG pre- day room does not include a tour (at least not 2 years ago). The PG post- day room DOES include the tour.

Jordan, your day pass through PG is a little better than the day pass via direct booking. You get the awesome IC buffet whereas it's just a 2-course meal with direct booking. 

• 1 month later...

I contacted ICH and was told they have a Lotis Pool day pass but no longer a day room. Am I missing something? Getting off ship and leaving that night 

On 8/10/2024 at 5:26 AM, Acrusa said:

I contacted ICH and was told they have a Lotis Pool day pass but no longer a day room. Am I missing something? Getting off ship and leaving that night 

Pretty sure that is correct. If you want the day room, then you want the day pass through PG (it's an add-on that you book through your travel agent or with the cruise line). We did the direct-booking day pass (the Lotus Pool day pass) and were totally fine with that. There is a bathroom that you can change in before heading to the airport in the evening, but no shower (I was told there is a shower by the pool, but we didn't swim or lounge in the sun that day).

As an aside to my June comment above:  They let us have the lunch buffet instead of the 2-course meal with the Lotus day pass. It was a mediocre lunch buffet that day (we love the ICH brekkie/brunch buffet!).

43 minutes ago, Tom Sandra said:

Pretty sure that is correct. If you want the day room, then you want the day pass through PG (it's an add-on that you book through your travel agent or with the cruise line). We did the direct-booking day pass (the Lotus Pool day pass) and were totally fine with that. There is a bathroom that you can change in before heading to the airport in the evening, but no shower (I was told there is a shower by the pool, but we didn't swim or lounge in the sun that day).

As an aside to my June comment above:  They let us have the lunch buffet instead of the 2-course meal with the Lotus day pass. It was a mediocre lunch buffet that day (we love the ICH brekkie/brunch buffet!).

Thank You where you able to check your luggage with the hotel? I read they have a Spa to change clothes in maybe I'm wrong .in 2017 I was able to book a day room and checked in at 10 am.

12 hours ago, Acrusa said:

Thank You where you able to check your luggage with the hotel? I read they have a Spa to change clothes in maybe I'm wrong .in 2017 I was able to book a day room and checked in at 10 am.

Yes, you can check your luggage with the ICH. Tell them what time you plan to leave that evening if you want it kept separate from the loads of PG luggage that use the PG transfers to the airport. I don't ever recall a spa where you can change clothes. They do have 'changing rooms' (can't remember the actual name), but they have combination lock on each door and although I was told that these can be used at no charge for the first xx minutes (20-30??) -- on the actual day of our Lotus Pass we were told that we could not use them (even if we were willing to pay an additional fee). 

You mention a day room in 2017 with a check in at 10am. I don't think that's a possibility anymore. They did not have an option for a day room when I contacted them this spring. In fact, we were going to book an extra night there despite leaving for the airport at dinnertime -- and they do not have any check in before 3pm. There were many passengers staying at the ICH on disembarkation day and they also could not get into their rooms before 3pm, so this seems to be steadfast.

To be honest I shmeard the desk clerk when I arrived at around  9:30  and got the room at 10. But since there is the option now for day pass I'll go with that.Thanks for all the help

• Like 1