Interesting Note about Todays "Sale"

vesw01

When the posts showed up yesterday about the sale for today, I went to our cruise pricing to see if it would help us and called the PVP. The price was higher than we paid (we paid $399 and it was listed as $499). Today now that the sale is "on" the price has now gone up to $599 - hmm with the $100 off it brings it back to yesterdays price of $499.... just thought I would throw that out there.

kind of like those "push, pull or drag" sales, where people actually think they're getting $2000 for their 1977 El Camino that's been rusting in the front yard for 15 years, LOL. They mark the cars up higher to compensate, and you would not BELIEVE the number of people who don't know or refuse to believe that. LOL :rolleyes:

It does suck, and once again, it pays to do your homework. :)

i'll share my experience with all of you...

we already have a cruise booked....

i emailed my PVP about this sale (which , incidentally, she emailed back and said in the future to call her directly because they are usually so busy on "sale days" that she can rarely check her email)...anyway, we received a $140 credit for our upcoming cruise!!

she is an awesome PVP!!! :)

Marsha

Marsha,

Congrats on getting a price reduction.:)

It's funny how CCL states these stipulations like new bookings only and then some people already booked get a reduction anyway, and others get nada.

I wish they'd just have uniformity in their rules.

Again I'm glad for Marsha. I just wish everyone would get the price reduction if they are already booked.

Bill

When the posts showed up yesterday about the sale for today, I went to our cruise pricing to see if it would help us and called the PVP. The price was higher than we paid (we paid $399 and it was listed as $499). Today now that the sale is "on" the price has now gone up to $599 - hmm with the $100 off it brings it back to yesterdays price of $499.... just thought I would throw that out there.

I thought it was just me. I had printed out the cruise I wanted with prices yesterday, waiting for today. Luckly mine only jumped $20 from yesterday to today so I may have saved $60 on the whole. But I booked anyway. I'm dying to go on a cruise again so I guess I really didn't care. Kind of like JCPenny's though. The night before their sales, they jack up prices.

Marsha,

Congrats on getting a price reduction.:)

It's funny how CCL states these stipulations like new bookings only and then some people already booked get a reduction anyway, and others get nada.

I wish they'd just have uniformity in their rules.

Again I'm glad for Marsha. I just wish everyone would get the price reduction if they are already booked.

Bill

Probably has everything to do with the price the person paid... probably strip out the other discounts, and see which you would come out better at. They have never been able to touch the rates we have gotten... but we always book well over a year out, get cabin credits, and the prices, for the most part, always go up. So if they took all that away, and applied the $100 credit, we would be paying more... if we didn't have as good a price in the beginning, they probably would have figured it in and given some sort of discount. Some people think they have the best price already, and in many cases, that is not the case. I have yet to see them come close to what we've been able to get, with these "sales"

There so much information on this board. Carnival does not jack up the prices for the sale. How do you know that the rate just haven't gone up on your cruise before today? Did you know that rates are based on availbility and as availability goes down the rates go up? Anyway below is what probably is happening.

I just called on the Triumph on 09/02/06. The IS price is $479. An IS is a 4A gaurantee no cabin assignment. The 4A cabin assignment is $579, but with the sale it brings it down to $479. Carnival is not jacking up the price. They are actually giving you a $100 off the price of the cabin assignment price, but you're looking at it as if they are jacking up the price. Cabin assignment with a super saver fare is a different animal from an IS guarantee even though they are the same room. The difference is you can't choose your room with the IS @ the $479 price, but with today's sale you can. Choosing a room might not be important to you, but there are lots of people that would not book without getting a cabin assignment. If those people were to book today they would save $200 on the cruise I just listed. Carnival is no different than any company out there.

If Ford is offer 0% interest or $3,000 cash back what's the difference? None, because if you finance the car you won't pay interest, but if you take the cash back you are not getting 0% interest so you end up paying interest on the loan. Sound familiar? Promotions are not combinable. The $3,000 cash back would benefit the person paying cash for the car more than the person financing and taking cash back. In Carnival's case the person wanting cabin assignment is benefiting, but everyone who booked gaurantee already got that price.

I hope that clears things up.

according to the rules of this board, i don't think i can name my PVP...

i only posted to let others know i was able to receive a discount...most others say they didn't or it wasn't applicable to their sailing...

i love these boards and don't want to do anything to not be able to post anymore...

if i am wrong, someone let me know, and i will email the person who asked for my PVP name...

I spoke with my PVP a couple of weeks ago about several cruises, including the 9/11 sailing of the Sensation, where a 4a assigned was 20 more per person than an IS. When I called him today, he said that with the 'sale' he could get me a 4a assigned for the same rate as an IS was two weeks ago. So either they really DID jack up the prices, or prices have just naturally risen quite a bit in the last two weeks.

The upshot of the sale was this:

You could get a cabin booked under the Super Saver rate code (assigned cabin) for the same price as an IS/OV/BL Cruise Only guarantee price.

That would be 4a, 6a or 8a.

OK, I booked 5 Balcony cabins yesterday, and used "group cruises" through Carnival. I had to take 8A, assigned rooms so that we get 5 in a row.

....now what is this I hear about a sale???

what code should I have used? Can I backtrack???

Guarenteed rates were about $100 cheaper, but I couldn't go for it, since we want the rooms near each other.

How do I get this super savor rate????

We're booked on a summer Miracle cruise (quad balcony). I've been watching prices daily since we booked. Interestingly enough, the first 2 passengers went down $100 each yesterday (the sale), but the 3rd and 4th went up $200 each yesterday!! Today, the prices returned to their "pre-sale" prices.

Since we always cruise during peak summer season, we've never seen prices go down and we book about 6 months in advance.

do you check these prices on Carnival's website??

Because I booked through carnival "groups", even though we only have 5 cabins, I get $100 credit on board for each cabin.

... so I keep having to do the math to see what works out better. I was told that we get the lower rate, if that happens, but often that means the 1and2nd price went down, and 3rd and 4th went up. So, I'm back to square one. Also can't get upgrades, since we want our cabins togther.

...can we use the $100 on board credit for "tips" at the end of our cruise???

I just got an email from Carnival about another sale on Wednesday. Lets see if Carnvial really raises their prices when they have a sale like some people are falsely claiming. Get a quote today on any cruise and we can compare on Wednesday.

Here are the terms and condition of Wednesday' sale.

The promotion offers reduced rates for 3rd, 4th, and 5th guests.

Rates starting from $149 for 3 day....$179 for 4&5 day.....$209 for 7&8 day.

Terms and conditions:

Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars and based on double occupancy, category IS. *3rd/4th/5th passengers’ rates vary by ship, duration, category type and sailing dates. Fare codes must be requested to receive promotion. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Combinable with supersaver and cruise only guarantee rates. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Prices vary by sailing dates. Offer is non-transferable and has no cash value. CPWS promotion is available on select sailings through December 15, 2006 and CPWD is available on select Fall sailings only. Minimum category purchase of a IS is required. Offer excludes categories 1A/11/12. Valid on categories IS-8E. Valid on new individual bookings made only on March 29, 2006. Credit for previous purchases is not permitted and guests who previously booked, cancelled and then rebooked during this period are not eligible. Blackout dates apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Promotion excludes Carnival Liberty, Europe sailings. Request fare code CPWS for supersaver bookings and CPWD for cruise only guarantee bookings. Ships' Registry: Panama and the Bahamas.

I got the price for the TI 09/02/06. I am using this as an example because this is the sailing I used in this same thread last week.

4A cabin assignment rate (CPNS super saver) is $559 for 1st and 2nd. $299 for 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Federal taxes are an additional $41.55 per person.

6A gaurantee is $579 for 1st & 2nd. $329 for 3rd, 4th, and 5th. Same federal taxes of $41.55 per person.

We will see what happens on Wednesday.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Call Carnival and post your rates so we can compare them tomorrow and see if Carnival really increases their rates on sale days like some have claimed.

Just in case the promotion is closed on the TI 09/02/06 tomorrow, I got another random quote.

FS 10/16/06

4A guarantee $259 1st and 2nd. $219 for 3rd, 4th, and 5th passengers. Federal taxes are $33.24.

4A super saver cabin assignment $299 for 1st and 2nd. $219 for 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

I hope I am not wrong.:eek: We will find out soon enough.:cool:

what's the promo code for this sale on Wednesday??

My prices for my cruise 6/17/06 on the Sensation are for a 6A. $779 1st/2nd and $519 for 3rd. I'll check tomorrow.

Bill

here ya go.

CPWS for supersaver bookings and CPWD for cruise only guarantee bookings.

Good luck!

I'm always the last to hear about these deals!!! how do you guys find out about them??? I get "specials" emailed to me from carnival, but haven't heard about Wed's special?/

...also, can anyone tell me if I use past carnival discounts (I noticed if I use a code DP3 for some ships it works for upgrades) do I get them for people traveling with me, friends and family, even if in another cabin??? or do I have to divide up my family, to give everyone a past cruiser in each cabin??

...don't get the Currents magazine, so don't see the special in there.

Bill,

How did you get the $100 credit? I checked the prices you have and they seem to be the super saver rates. If you got a credit from something other than a promotion it should be combinable with tomorrow's promotion. The sales are usually based of the super saver rates, but for tomorrow it will also include the guarantee rates.

Archived