What types teabags available on Viking Venus?

PennyNC

I suppose it might be the same on all the Viking Ocean vessels but I was wondering what types/brands of teabags are available in the dining venues?  I usually travel with a few teabags as I'm not a COMPLETE tea snob but some hotels have dreadful teas in their breakfast areas.  Was just wondering what Viking uses....and I'm not referring to the teas on the menu for afternoon tea (those look wonderful!)  Thanks for any feedback from fellow tea-lovers!

17 minutes ago, PennyNC said:

I suppose it might be the same on all the Viking Ocean vessels but I was wondering what types/brands of teabags are available in the dining venues?  I usually travel with a few teabags as I'm not a COMPLETE tea snob but some hotels have dreadful teas in their breakfast areas.  Was just wondering what Viking uses....and I'm not referring to the teas on the menu for afternoon tea (those look wonderful!)  Thanks for any feedback from fellow tea-lovers!

They carry the Dilmah brand in numerous flavors.

I can’t remember the brand they stock but it is pretty standard in variety so I usually bring some.
I like to start the day with Chai tea but it is only available in loose leaf form at afternoon tea.  It has become a fun part of our Viking trips to find a new Chai tea in most ports.  On our September trip on the Mars they ran out of mint tea after the first few days and it was not available the rest of trip.  We added it to our shopping list.  Since we rarely use the coffee maker we traded it for an electric tea pot so I could start the day with a good cup of tea. 

It seems to vary depending on what's available in the region they're sailing. In July/August of '23 on an itinerary from Iceland-Norway they had trouble finding English Breakfast Tea, and it was never available at the self-serve area of World Cafe - I had to ask someone to go find it each time. Perfectly decent once they found it.

2 years ago the EBT they carried was wonderful, though decidedly floral, and only ever came loose leaf. When I asked I was told it was Twinings.

Thank you all for the information....sounds like I should be fine with the Viking teas but perhaps will include a couple English Breakfast bags just in case! 😊

12 minutes ago, PennyNC said:

Thank you all for the information....sounds like I should be fine with the Viking teas but perhaps will include a couple English Breakfast bags just in case! 😊

They do carry Dilmah English Breakfast....as you might already know it's a bright, full bodied, single region tea.

🙂