Dining Time Change Question

JeanG

In the interest of staying up later with the party'ers we want to change from 6:15 dining to late dining. Is this difficult, can we request now from Carnival or do we have to wait until we board?

Carnival Inspriation - 7/25/04
RCI Mariner of the Sea - 3/21/04
Carnival Inspiration - March 2003
Carnival Imagination - April 1997
Carnival Fantasy - February 1995
NCL Sunward II - November 1988
Cunard Canberra - July 1974

Wait until you board. On the Pride, you could see the Maitre'd between 1:30 and 3:30 to check our your table and to request changes. They do try to accomate your request.

Kathy

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;06;28;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Cruise with Mom- Early 80th birthday celebration!!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;06;10;15;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Since our 5/30/04 sailing on the Pride in aft cabin 4228!

Ecstasy 05/26/03
Ecstasy 09/13/02

I would contact my TA and have him/her change my dining time request with Carnival before the cruise. I personally would rather try to take care of it beforehand so that I could spend my time when first boarding exploring the ship and having fun rather than standing in line to talk to the Maitre'd. Of course, if you don't end up with the time you want, do ask the maitre'd for a change.

soccermommie

I would contact the travel agent too. Why waste precious time in a line trying to get stuff changed when you dont have to,

But curious question- what does the dining time have to do with staying out to party? We had early seating and were "out" til the wee hours of the morning. (unless we had an early shore excursion)

Going NOWHERE
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Miracle, February 13, 2005
Legend, October 22,2004
Voyager August 31,2003
Victory September 22,2002
Regal Empress,June 2001
Sensation,August 2000

If you request the change now, I would think there's a better chance of getting the time you actually want. If you wait until you board the ship, there's always a possibility they may not be able to switch you to the later dining time. We've be assigned to our requested dining time on all but two of our cruises. Once they were able to change us, but the other time they couldn't.

Beth
~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Emerald Seas 6/86
Emerald Seas 11/87
S.S. Royale 10/88
Celebration 6/97
Grandeur of the Seas 6/98
Sensation 6/99
Carnival Triumph 6/00
Carnival Triumph 11/17/01
Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02
Carnival Victory 5/25/03
Carnival Glory 5/22/04

I totally agree. Make your request now.

"Laissez les bon temps rouler!"
Festivale 1987
Carnivale 1988
Mardi Gras 1989
Pacific Princess 1990
Norway 1994
Holiday 2001
Holiday 2002
Holiday 2003
Sensation 2004

I would also request it now, but beware. On the Pride I had requested to sit with some people we met here on CC they assured us we were linked, but when we got to our table it was for two. Had it changed and got to sit with a great group from the 2nd night onwards. On the Ecstasy I booked one day and my friend the very next day we both requested 6:15 seating. She got it I got 8:30. I had even called a third time to make sure we were linked. We went to the Maitre D and got it fixed, but ended up with a table for 4 when we had wanted a table for 10, which is the table my friend got assigned to. We missed out meeting other people because Carnival is just not on top of this situation. The waiter who was assisting the Maitre D said this is an ongoing problem. I ran into about 3 people who were looking for late seating. I think they just do it randomly and fix it when people complain. There has to be a better way. They have a computer screen and clicked a couple of times and no problem. This also got us the coveted table by the kitchen. Oh well still a good time. I think they should take the requests first come first served. If there are too many people in any particular group move the people who booked latest. After all if you booked early, you probably paid more. I know it is hard to determine who wants what with so many people, so this seems the best way to deal with it.
Just my honest opinion.

Candi

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&prgb=32CD32&cdt=2004;02;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

You'll probably end up going to the Maitre di anyway to be sure you got the seating you want, as in...a table for 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.

If you already got your docs or if your S&S card is already printed up, it will be too late to change anyway until you see him.

If your sailing time is about 4:30, he'll probably be doing the seating in one of the main dining rooms from 2-3:30 or there abouts.

Your capers or the pursor or just about anyone on the staff will be able to tell you when and were he is.

Trust me on this one DO YOU CHANGING BEFORE YOU SAIL.Carnival will tell you oh you can change the day you board except guess what all the seating is planned I had this problem last year it was not easy at all in fact it was a real mess, my seating never was changed because they have to find someone willing to trade with you and no one wanted to trade there seating time.
SWITCH BEFORE YOU GO!

7,25,04 Inspiration Sailing
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;07;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

That's fine if you don't care whether you get the table assignment you want or not.

I've never had a problem getting my table or time changed...just don't expect to get your wish when it's time to have dinner.

Archived