Seabourn Quest - VPN

Tata7

Seabourn Quest.   I was wondering in the "Surf Wi-Fi Package" package (NOT stream package), was anyone been able to sign in using VPN?  I was thinking about working and in order to do that I need to log in using VPN.  Did anyone have any issues doing so?

Edited by Tata7
misspell

• Tata7 changed the title to Seabourn Quest - VPN
  • 4 weeks later...

We did a Greenland / Iceland cruise last year on the Venture and sprung for the top tier wireless package.
i did not have any problems with my VPN. I did find that Wireguard was a bit faster than OpenVpn.

• Thanks 1

In the Surf package, VPN is blocked even when you are trying to use non-standard ports.

With the Streaming package, VPNs work fine. I've tested both Wireguard and OpenVPN based tools while on Quest. If you try something like using the DNS port to tunnel, that doesn't work either. I agree with @Aexboeingdriver that Wireguard is a better performer.

A couple of notes, if you need to access the onboard servers for the Seabourn Source, you'll need to disable the VPN.

You will have some machinations when you first get on. You need to use the Source to enable your Internet access, then you can enable VPN. Not a huge issue but if you are on a multi-segment/back-to-back cruise you may need to drop the VPN and re-authorize Internet access. Same goes for using an in-cabin travel router with built-in VPN support.

HTH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1