First time NCl on the Getaway questions

• 1 month later...

We leave on our cruise Sunday April 7th, anybody been on the Getaway recently?  Wondering if the main dining rooms (Tropicana, Taste, Savor) have two lines one for reservations and one without. Thanks!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, p5woody said:

We leave on our cruise Sunday April 7th, anybody been on the Getaway recently?  Wondering if the main dining rooms (Tropicana, Taste, Savor) have two lines one for reservations and one without. Thanks!

I was just off Getaway, the 3/24 sailing.  All three rooms have two lines.  One line is if you don't have a reservation and need to get a pager.  The other line is if you have reservations.

The interesting thing is, sometimes the pager didn't even buzz.  A host would walk around and find you if she remembered you.  If she didn't, she would look around and match the pager number.  That happened at Tropicana and one of the other ones, so I'm not sure why this happens sometimes.

It does make a difference.  I had 5:30 reservations every night we didn't have specialty.  Some nights we wanted to eat later and missed our reservation and had to get a pager, which was usually a 20 to 30 minute wait.  When we used our reservation time, we got seated immediately.

Edited by blackwing
  • Like 2

On 4/1/2024 at 9:10 PM, p5woody said:

Go on the app and make reservations now.   We were quoted 45 minute waits as walk ups.  We just got of the Getaway last week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aj101 said:

Go on the app and make reservations now.   We were quoted 45 minute waits as walk ups.  We just got of the Getaway last week.

And if nothing is available or the only times are the really late times, then make sure you get on the App as soon as you get on board.  They seem to release more times onboard because I was able to get better reservation times than what I originally had.  For both MDR and specialty. 

Another tip, if you couldn’t get a reservation for Million Dollar Quartet, go to the box office on Day One, they have more times available and you can probably get one. 

I’m curious as to what will replace Burn the Floor.  I hope you get a decent replacement.  I remember when we went on Escape some years ago, one of the shows wasn’t ready so we got an a capella group instead.  As one of the two headliner shows.  They were awful.