Ocean Cay Cabanas - YC Oveanview vs Non-YC Cabana

FamilyAtSea.travel

I was on the 2/25/24 Meraviglia sailing in YC and spent a wonderful day at Ocean Cay. The loungers and umbrellas at the YC beach were plentiful and comfortable. Practically one umbrella per lounger given their size and the way they were positioned. Beach towels provided, so I didn't have to bring from the ship. The YC cabanas didn't look luxurious and I thought were on the small side. Large sand beach in front of loungers for families to enjoy. On the beach side, the cabanas we saw are located behind the loungers. Throughout the stay, staff walked the beach to check if guests needed anything. Everything was super convenient. We had lunch at the YC beach restaurant which is located right next to the beach area. It was very nice with a large deck and some tables inside for dining, and with full table and bar service. The day I was there, the YC beach loungers were barely full in use and it was a great weather day. Perhaps guests stayed on the ship or at the other OC beaches? It made for a gloriously serene and quiet beach day!

Bimini Beach (which two staff said it was the one they like) was less than a 5 minutes stroll directly across from YC beach. Good snorkeling spot. When we were on the beach in the morning, there were no lifeguards yet, but well worth spending some time. There were lounge chairs but no umbrellas when I was there in the morning. I only went to check out the snorkeling and then returned to YC beach. The lagoon beach was very calm (bit too calm for me), busy and popular with families. This area too is a short stroll from YC beach. 

So, I used YC beach as my base, and strolled to the other nearby beaches. If you wear water shoes in the YC beach ocean, you should be ok, and the water was warm and appealing. From what I observed and in my opinion, the YC beach cabanas didn't seem to worth it but if one has a need/preference, then go for it! I too have enjoyed cruise island cabanas in the past, and had considered it for my MSC YC experience. FYI - the last shuttle from YC beach back to ship is 4:00 PM - gives time to check out the rest of the island and beaches if ship has late departure. Our sailing had 2 lighthouse light shows - 8:15 PM and 9:00 PM (pre-daylight savings time)! Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2