Enchanted Princess boarding

mali06

Does anyone know what the boarding process is these days?  If we have Priority boarding, can we arrive anytime?  Why would someone already be assigned 12:30pm this far out?  We do not have an assigned time and someone else does.  And what time does boarding normally open?

2 minutes ago, mali06 said:

Does anyone know what the boarding process is these days?  If we have Priority boarding, can we arrive anytime?  Why would someone already be assigned 12:30pm this far out?  We do not have an assigned time and someone else does.  And what time does boarding normally open?

Princess no longer has you select a ‘Check in’ time. Everyone will get the same check in window of about 10:30-2pm depending on your departure.

Boarding when it commences, will start with wedding groups, then usually suites and elites, then platinum and then the various boarding groups as assigned when you checked in if you are not in one of the above categories l

28 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Princess no longer has you select a ‘Check in’ time. Everyone will get the same check in window of about 10:30-2pm depending on your departure.

Boarding when it commences, will start with wedding groups, then usually suites and elites, then platinum and then the various boarding groups as assigned when you checked in if you are not in one of the above categories l

Thanks.  I did find out they have lines now for those who have their medallions, those who have to pick up their Medallions and then the Handicapped line.  And they said it goes really quickly.

2 minutes ago, mali06 said:

Thanks.  I did find out they have lines now for those who have their medallions, those who have to pick up their Medallions and then the Handicapped line.  And they said it goes really quickly.

Depends on when everyone shows up and which port.  Last December at San Pedro to board the Sapphire, there was a delay in starting check in. Lines got very long and I heard some passengers say they had over 1 hour waits to pick up medallion. So YMMV.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 8:23 PM, wallyj said:

Depends on when everyone shows up and which port.  Last December at San Pedro to board the Sapphire, there was a delay in starting check in. Lines got very long and I heard some passengers say they had over 1 hour waits to pick up medallion. So YMMV.

On 2/13/2024 at 8:23 PM, wallyj said:

Lets hope that that is not the case out of Manhattan.  But we have no control over late arrivals or coast guard inspections, etc.  But I am sure that having your medallion already at embarkation will make things easier.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KreinKrunker said:

May want to check this, as Princess usually sails from Brooklyn.

Yes, it has been confirmed to me thru the harbor listing for 2024 that we do indeed sail out of Brooklyn.  Cancelled old hotels and booked new ones for less money.  Just a note that Choice Hotels have a military/veteran discount that wound up saving us about 50.00 per night.  Be for warned, prices are high even for mediocre hotels.