Accessible Penthouse on Pursuit/Venture

machotspur

We are booked on a South Pacific itinerary on Pursuit in April 2025, in a Veranda suite.

Ideally we would have liked a Penthouse Suite but these are sold out. We are able to book one of these but with a ‘We Choose’ booking.

On a different ship, with a larger ‘category size’ to be allocated from, we may have taken a gamble with this, but with Pursuit & Venture the Penthouse Suites are a little more complex.

There is an odd suite – 739 – that is semi isolated - directly opposite the Spa (the suite was previously categorised as Penthouse Spa) – that is not of interest to us. Of the remaining 11 Penthouse Suites, 5 of them are ‘Accessible Suites’.

So – my (delicate) question to anyone that has cruised on Venture/Pursuit in an ‘Accessible Penthouse’ - with utmost respect to those that very much value these adapted suites - is what is different in these to standard Penthouse, and to what degree did it feel ‘unusual’ to be in.

Clearly if we went for the 'We Choose' booking we could end up with the isolated 739 or one of the 'Accessible' suites. We need to understand if these are as enjoyable as a standard suite.

Thank you so much to anyone who can share inisight on this. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am on Pursuit right this minute in accessible 737. We were delighted to be upgraded to a Penthouse for a small price increase over Veranda Suite price, but there are some drawbacks:

1. No walk-in closet. Closet is a standard reach-in. That said, it's plenty big enough for everything we brought.

2. Toilet is not separate from the rest of the bathroom. Also, as I'm sure you know, there is no bathtub. Our shower drains fine but our friends across the hall in mirror-image room 738 say their shower floods the whole bathroom.

3. There is a huge carve-out for the stairs/elevator, which makes the suite smaller than most of the Penthouse Suites. Not having ever sailed in a "normal" PH I can't really comment on the difference, although I will say there isn't really room for four people to comfortably dine around the table. Two would be in chairs and two would have to sit on the sofa. We have had our friends visit for drinks and cards and it was fine, but dining would be too tight, I think.

All in all, as I said we are delighted with the suite for the price we paid, but certainly if we'd paid full PH price we would be justifiably disappointed.

• Thanks 1

Coming back to say there is not much, if anything, about the "accessibility" features that feel odd or uncomfortable. The open shower is a little drafty but that's about it. Sinks in the bathroom are a comfortable height and we actually are enjoying the extra-wide entry hall.

mlk58 -  thank you so much for you very helpful comments on Suite 737 - we thank you for taking time out of your cruise to help another Seabourn cruiser 👍.

One other quick question if I may - you mention that you took an upgrade for a reasonable cost.  Was this offered to you in advance of you departing from home, or once you had embarked the ship ? 

Thank so much again for your kind assistance.

• Like 1