Freestyle Daily - Getaway Feb 6 2024 - NYC to San Juan, DR, USVI, BVI & Bermuda.

Pat.D

2 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Thanks for this. 

I'm sailing Getaway April 19th so this is timely. 

How was your trip? 

Really nice!  Like many sailings before we skipped Bermuda because of rough sea conditions, but considering how cold it was as we sailed by that latitude it's not really a bad thing. It was also fairly rough for the first 30 hours (22ft waves) but that's to be expected when sailing the north Atlantic in winter. The rest of the sailing was nice and calm. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pat.D said:

Freestyle_Daily_Feb_6_2024_Days_1-10.pdf 30.26 MB · 11 downloads  

A PDF of the scanned Dailies of the Getaway 10 days sailing of Feb 6 2024. NYC to San Juan, DR, USVI, BVI & Bermuda.

Thank you!!  Been hoping someone would post these.  I'm on the April 19th sailing.   Any highlights you care to share?  

4 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Thanks for this. 

I'm sailing Getaway April 19th so this is timely. 

How was your trip? 

I'm on that same sailing.  62 days to go, woohoo! 

• Like 1

oops, I posted in the wrong thread earlier --   I wanted to ask if you docked at Amber Cover or Taino Bay in the DR?  Thanks in advance.

57 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I saw in the other thread that you have vibe passes. We do as well. 

*cheers*  with 4 sea days, really looking forward to it! 

20 minutes ago, TenForward said:

oops, I posted in the wrong thread earlier --   I wanted to ask if you docked at Amber Cover or Taino Bay in the DR?  Thanks in advance.

Taino Bay. They finished the port renovations and dredging the harbor so NCL ships no longer go to Carnival's port (Amber Cove).  It's actually quite nice with the new lazy river. 

2 hours ago, TenForward said:

Thank you!!  Been hoping someone would post these.  I'm on the April 19th sailing.   Any highlights you care to share?  

I cruise a lot so there was nothing out of the ordinary, it was really nice all around.  On the Getaway you don't want to miss the shows at Syd Normans, Howl At The Moon dueling pianos and the main theatre show "Million Dollar Quartet". 

Well ,I say nothing out or the ordinary, that's not entirely accurate.  We were also treated to an awesome one man show performance in the Illusionarium by Daniel Zielke the piano player who plays the role of Jerry Lee Lewis in the theatre show.  He played selections from his upcoming album as well as his favourite songs (very different music from his theatre role) and his father Claus Ziekle a renowned Danish pianist who was vacationing on the cruise that week joined him on stage for a song.  It was amazing and downright magical.  I really hope Daniel will keep doing that second-show for the upcoming cruises.   

I also had the Vibe pass and it was worth every penny, with so many sea days on a sold out cruise the main pool area was a mess (as to be expected) as the crew doesn't enforce the 30 minutes rule against chair hogs.  As usual the Vibe crew was excellent. 

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1