Two nights in London post cruise.

davisleel

It's been awhile, but I have stayed at The Tower Hotel, London.  It is just across The Tower Of London.  Nice stroll along the Themes (spelling) to the historical sights.  Hop On Hop Off is just across the street.  Close to a tube station.  Nice restaurants in the harbor behind the establishment.  Easy to get an uber/lyft to the airport.  And if you need Starbucks, there is one right outside the door

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2024 at 10:34 AM, 9tee2Sea said:

It's been awhile, but I have stayed at The Tower Hotel, London.  It is just across The Tower Of London.  Nice stroll along the Themes (spelling) to the historical sights.  Hop On Hop Off is just across the street.  Close to a tube station.  Nice restaurants in the harbor behind the establishment.  Easy to get an uber/lyft to the airport.  And if you need Starbucks, there is one right outside the door

My husband loved the old Roman wall by the tube station. He seemed more intrigued by that than our visit to the Tower of London.

On 2/26/2024 at 12:11 AM, davisleel said:

Planning to spend 2 nights in London after a cruise in mid-May. We want to see the sights around Buckingham Palace and go to the Tower of London. Any advice on where to stay and transportation would be appreciated.

We stayed in the Premier Inn London Bank (Tower) last October and it's in a great location. 5 minutes walk to the Tower of London, less than 5 minutes walk to the nearest Underground station by the Monument to the Great Fire of London. A one minute walk from the hotel will have you on the Thames river walk directly facing HMS Belfast, look left for Tower Bridge, look right for London bridge. 

The underground system is really easy to use. I wouldn't recommend the bus or Hop On Hop Off bus tours as you'll be stuck in traffic a lot and wasting time waiting on buses. London has a lot of sights that are walkable, e.g. from Buckingham Palace to the Houses of Parliament is easily walkable in less than 20 minutes but you could extend it by walking down the Mall to Admiralty Arch, Horse Guards Parade, Downing Street before getting to the Palace of Westminster or Westminster Abbey.