I just read the "professional review" of the Triumph...

MamaParrotHead

Regarding the "Dress Code", the woman states, "On the one formal night, guests wore everything from tuxedos and evening gowns to sport coats and cocktail dresses. If the men in your party pack a dark suit and the women a long dress or pantsuit, everyone will be comfortable. The rest of the time, the dress was casual -- mostly shorts, jeans and bathing suits". Umm...OK, seriously...'shorts, jeans and bathing suits' in the dining room? I'm having a hard time swallowing THAT one. :eek:

but she doesn't indicate anywhere WHAT she's referring to. That's it... the entire "Dress Code" entry in the review. It's no wonder some people are misinformed and either A.) show up in shorts for dinner, or B.) Think Carnival cruisers are a bunch of yahoos who do. :D

After my last cruise I find that the dress code on carnival truly sucks.

In all the posts I have ever read about shorts in the dining room I often wondered How can someone wearing shorts affect your dining experience--well I found out on the Liberty.

We had early dining and A LOT of people sitting around me looked like they just came from the beach/pool area. And yes--even on formal night that I felt completly overdressed. We kind of dressed down on the 2nd formal night--which is a formal optional on the 6 day Liberty and was very glad we did that because there were very few people dressed for formal.

After we came back we did find out the people in the second seating did not experince this.

I saw a few shorts the first night (which is kind of allowed anyway).

This seemed to help:

2403170060071024607inAKvK_ph.jpg

Dinner on San Juan night was open seating and listed as Casual dress in the capers. We didn't attend that night, so I don't know what the result was.

Archived