2007 Itineraries

chessbriar

Hi Everyone !

Several NEW sailings were added to the Celebrity Website today. All of them are For Europe (10-13 night sailings) on Millennium. The dates are from May - September 2007. As I mentioned yesterday, it looks like they can be viewed only. I did not see a way to get pricing, or being able to book a cabin.

The good news is, we are officially starting to see new itineraries. Keep them coming Celebrity !

Hi,

Can someone tell me what a phantom cruise is and how it works? I think it has something to do with booking any cruise at all and then transferring the deposit.

Thanks,

jane

Hi Jane !

You pretty much have it right. Many people do this, as Royal Caribbean and Celebrity will give you shipboard credits for your next sailing, when you book while onboard a Cruise. When you get to this time of year, when nothing is available past April 2007, some passengers will book any Cruise (with a deposit), and later transfer the booking once the 2007-2008 schedules are known.

It is a lot of work, and you do have to lay out the deposit money WELL in advance. However, on the longer sailings, it is typically worth it, as the shipboard credit can add up.

I hope that answers your question.

Hey Andy,

I'll bet two beers that "Zenith" doesn't sail for "X" after the 2006 winter season out of Tampa. "RCI" will make more $'s transferring her to "Island" or somewhere.

JMHO

Jeff

PS: I think they might put a second "RCI" ship in for the next season to cover the market. It has worked well for the having the "Grandeaur" here this year on 4 & 5 night sailings.

Hey Jessemon,

You could get a cheaper beer at Berns! Last week a single Corona on Century was $5.97 with the tip.

MarkandStaci,

I only drink Bud Lite...Probably $4.00. No problem though since "Host Andy" will be buying.....:D

Where you from in Tampa ? If you don't mind. We live off Hillsborough in "Bayport" between Memorial and Oldsmar.

Jeff

Hey Andy,

I'll bet two beers that "Zenith" doesn't sail for "X" after the 2006 winter season out of Tampa. "RCI" will make more $'s transferring her to "Island" or somewhere.

JMHO

Jeff

Hi Jeff !

I suppose we will know the answer when the 2007/2008 schedules come out soon. I still think Zenith will stick around a bit longer than the end of the 2006 Winter Season. I hope I am right, as I would hate to see her go.

Hi Everyone !

Several NEW sailings were added to the Celebrity Website today. All of them are For Europe (10-13 night sailings) on Millennium. The dates are from May - September 2007. As I mentioned yesterday, it looks like they can be viewed only. I did not see a way to get pricing, or being able to book a cabin.

The good news is, we are officially starting to see new itineraries. Keep them coming Celebrity !

And they have gone again though the dates are still on the drop down calendar! Thanks for the advice Andy, let's hope it is close.

And they have gone again though the dates are still on the drop down calendar! Thanks for the advice Andy, let's hope it is close.

Hi Michael !

How are you ? I hope all is well.

Yes, I just checked, and I still see them. Who knows ? Maybe they are doing more updates now :)

Hey Andy,

I agree..I to would like to see her be around a while longer. When we sailed the "Horizon" in 2004 at Christmas it was great. Two weeks before the cruise they ( "X" ) announced that the "Horizon" was gone after the Bermuda schedule. We loved that cruise so much I even tried to book the same cruise the next year but, the ship was not replaced in 2005. This is why I feel that she is gone. Also I read on the boards that their contract for the "Zrnith" in Bermuda is up after this summer...

I have a feeling that the "Century" (with new balconies) will be headed there and another ship will take over the 4 / 5 day cruises out of Miami.

Just a thought.

Jeff

Hi Jane !

You pretty much have it right. Many people do this, as Royal Caribbean and Celebrity will give you shipboard credits for your next sailing, when you book while onboard a Cruise. When you get to this time of year, when nothing is available past April 2007, some passengers will book any Cruise (with a deposit), and later transfer the booking once the 2007-2008 schedules are known.

It is a lot of work, and you do have to lay out the deposit money WELL in advance. However, on the longer sailings, it is typically worth it, as the shipboard credit can add up.

I hope that answers your question.

THanks for your response. I booked a cruise but decided against it later and asked for a refund. Now I'm sorry I did that.

But, I have a further question... If I book a cruise and later change the date and place for something definite, could I buy insurance using the new date of booking. The reason I'm asking is that my husband has a pre-exisitng condition and I know that I only have a 15 day period from the time of booking for the insurance companies to waive the pre-existing condition. We're not looking for anything untoward to happen, but we would like to be insured in case we are overseas.

Thanks in advance for answering,

jane

I have started a new thread with European cruises. All that is showing now is the Millie. No Baltics. I find it surprising that according to Andy, it's already posting on X's site. They are usually a month behind.

Hi Rick !

I was surprised too. In past years, they usually showed up on Celebrity's website much later on. It appears Celebrity MAY be getting them on the website quicker now.

We look forward to your updates !

HI everyone!

I haven't posted in a long time but now I'm planning a mediterranean cruise for June 2007. I noticed that for the last 2 days the itineraries are up on the Celebrity website.

I decided to call them and ask when they would be available to book and was told May 1st :(.

Do you think this might be some sort of play-it-safe answer or do you think this is really the date?

I would just hate to try to book on May 1st and find out the cabin I want is already taken because they've actually been available for weeks.

Oh, the stress of trying to get an aft cabin - LOL!

Melissa :)

HI everyone!

I haven't posted in a long time but now I'm planning a mediterranean cruise for June 2007. I noticed that for the last 2 days the itineraries are up on the Celebrity website.

I decided to call them and ask when they would be available to book and was told May 1st :(.

Do you think this might be some sort of play-it-safe answer or do you think this is really the date?

I would just hate to try to book on May 1st and find out the cabin I want is already taken because they've actually been available for weeks.

Oh, the stress of trying to get an aft cabin - LOL!

Melissa :)

Hi Melissa !

I wish I had the real answer. If the aft cabin means that much to you, I would keep calling Celebrity every few days. I often find that the information given on the phone is confusing at best (and I am trying to be polite).

If it were me ? I would keep calling.

I am trying too book RCCL but X is our back-up. I call RCL everyday and the variety of answers I get are astounding and entertainign AND frustrating. They are the same customer service agents as X so I suspect Andy is right and you should call daily.

Thanks guys!

That's kind of what I thought. I really hate to keep calling (I'm the kind of person that does everything online!), but I guess I'll try back every couple days.

I would be happy with any balcony cabin, really, but aft is definitely my first choice.

wish me luck!

melissa :)

I am interested in the European cruise boards you mentioned? Do you have a link? Is it similar to Cruise Critic boards? I did a search and ended up with this site http://www.cruise-addicts.com/ Is it the one you are referring to? Thanks.

I think this is the cruise critic thread that was referred to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=324351

Sue

Melissa...don't you dare steal my aft balcony! :p

That's what I'm trying for too. I called on Saturday, and the agent didn't even know that ANYTHING had been posted to the website. In fact, she was insisting that it hadn't...even when I had it right on my web browser when speaking with her. Weird.

Archived