Just got off Pride of America fabulous Hawaii cruise!!!

10 hours ago, Le Pappy said:

Does anyone have feedback to offer on cell service on the islands?  We have Verizon as our carrier.  Are you close enough to towers on the ship to use your phone or will we need to use internet calling?  Trying to decide whether or not to get the premium internet or just the base plan.  We have a grandchild on the way, so we want to keep in touch with the kids while we are gone.

We have AT&T and we had cell service issues in our cabin for some reason, but no issues elsewhere on the ship or on the island. I did put my phone in airplane mode at night because I wasn't sure if I would get roaming charges.

One item to note with the wifi package is make sure you log out when you are done using your phone. I didn't log out and my 150 minutes got used up the first day. 😊 I upgraded to the unlimited package after that. 

8 hours ago, TeresaJ said:

One item to note with the wifi package is make sure you log out when you are done using your phone. I didn't log out and my 150 minutes got used up the first day. 😊 I upgraded to the unlimited package after that. 

It is possible to go to the internet manager during office hours on the ship, explain that you thought you had logged out but it didn't 'take' and they'll reinstate your minutes. It's worth a shot.

If you do need unlimited internet, but can wait like a day or 2, then you can upgrade much cheaper and also get credit for unused FAS minutes. 

4 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

It is possible to go to the internet manager during office hours on the ship, explain that you thought you had logged out but it didn't 'take' and they'll reinstate your minutes. It's worth a shot.

If you do need unlimited internet, but can wait like a day or 2, then you can upgrade much cheaper and also get credit for unused FAS minutes. 

Maybe next time. I didn't really think of doing that at the time.  I bought the package a few days into the cruise so it wasn't too bad. Lesson learned though!

• Like 1