Geiranger, Norway excursion question

stu52

We are going on the Iceland's Majestic Landscapes cruise in July and I was wondering if anyone has done the "Taste of Norway" optional excursion in Geiranger, Norway.  How did you like it, what was the cost and was it worth it?

45 minutes ago, stu52 said:

We are going on the Iceland's Majestic Landscapes cruise in July and I was wondering if anyone has done the "Taste of Norway" optional excursion in Geiranger, Norway.  How did you like it, what was the cost and was it worth it?

We're booked on Into the Midnight Sun and there is the same (I'm guessing it's the same) tour offered for $279

Taste of Norway

$279 Per Person

Day 3  Geiranger, Norway
Sunday, June 2
12:45 PM
1.5 Hours
EASY
SNACK
SIGHTSEEING
UNESCO
Local Specialties and Picturesque Geirangerfjord

Sample appetizing local fare and beverages while taking a scenic cruise through the picturesque Geirangerfjord.

Your cruise will take you for close-up views of Geirangerfjord’s famous waterfalls. See the stunning Seven Sisters, named for the seven separate streams that comprise the waterfall, and The Suitor directly opposite them. Legend says the “sisters” dance playfully down the mountainside while the nearby “suitor” courts them. You will also view Bridal Veil, its waterfall resembling a thin veil over the rocks when backlight by the sun. As you cruise, you will be served a selection of Norwegian taster dishes, including cured meats and cheeses, along with three different beers from a local Geiranger brewery. You will make a short photo stop near one of the isolated farms that dot the fjord. Your guide tell you interesting facts about local life, the farms and the people who live there. 

Easy - Walking portions are generally over easy surfaces with few steps or inclines. Total time walking or standing is normally not longer than 1.5 hours.

On 3/4/2024 at 2:25 PM, stu52 said:

We are on that cruise: different fjord (Osterfjord/Mostraumen Channel) - but this may have interest to you (we have booked this 4 hour excursion) while in Bergen:

https://www.mostraumenfjordcruise.com/

Only 790 NOK pp