Conquest Questions

fezzie_2000

The wife and I were looking into a cruise out of New Orleans sometime next year, probably Oct. or Nov., and the Conquest looked like the nicest ship that sails out of that port. It sure looks good from the port cam. icon_smile.gif

We looked through the reviews and a bunch of pages from this board, but without the search function it's hard to find all the information that we are looking for.

Is it possible to get a table for two in the main dining rooms?

There are two forward Cat 11 Balcony Suites, 9205 & 9206, on the Lida deck. Does the bridge block the forward view from those particular cabins?

What is the story with the aft Cat 9A Deluxe Balconies? It looks like the balconies on some of those cabins are HUGE. Do they really wrap around from the aft to the side of the ship?

Thanks for the help and please feel free to share any other information about the Conquest that might be helpful.

Dave

Beautiful ship. I stayed in room 8448 which is a 9A last July. The balcony is HUGE. It does wrap around the side of the ship , we could have had 45 people on it. I would recommend it highly

7/13 CONQUEST

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2003;7;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

You should like the Conquest. I think they do have tables for 2 in the dining rooms.

Check out our pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/natron24

Premier Royale 7/87

Sovereign of the Seas 11/90

Enchanted Seas 4/91

Ecstasy 11/91

Celebration 6/92

Crown Princess 11/92

Enchanted Seas 12/92

Tropicale 6/93

Crown Princess 11/93

Enchanted Seas 12/93

Celebration 6/94

Regal Princess 10/94

Enchanted Seas 12/94

Tropicale 4/95

Regal Princess 10/95

Enchanted Isle 5/96

Enchanted Isle 8/96

Crown Princess 10/96

Nieuw Amsterdam 4/97

Enchanted Isle 9/97

Celebration 10/97

Enchanted Isle 4/98

Norwegian Star 7/98

Celebration 11/98

Enchanted Isle 12/98

Norwegian Sea 5/99

Enchanted Isle 11/99

Enchanted Isle 5/00

Destiny 11/00

Inspiration 5/01

Celebrity Century 11/01

Explorer of the Seas 11/02

Carnival Conquest 5/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 11/03

Carnival Conquest 5/04

Sun Princess 11/04

Fishes_kiss.gif

the Conquest has been my favorite cruise thus far...... You'll love it. Yes there are a few tables for two in the dinning room. You shouldn't have problem getting one since your looking to book for next year. The crew on this ship is really wonderful. They go out of their way to make sure your happy!! Have fun!!

Tropical (Carnival) 1995

Vision (RCI)Feb 2003

Conquest (Carnival) Sept 2003

Family trip on the Triumph in >>>> countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Ronath: I hope the OP doesn't mind, but I have additional questions for you. I loved your pics on webshots (Conquest looks great) and I see you've been on a Voyager-class ship recently as well. Would you mind giving an opinion between EOS and the Conquest? I'm already thinking about our cruise for next summer, and am considering 1. Mariner of the Seas, 2. Conquest, or 3. possibly repeating our cruise from this summer (Elation) for summer of 2005. (BTW, we're a family of 2 adults, 3 kids aged 7-14) We drive to port, so our choices are related somewhat to that (but we would go to Port Canaveral for Mariner, if that is the better choice---drove there last summer for Disney ship). Thanks so much, really appreciate all info you can share!

Penny

Disney Magic~~Eastern 7/03

Carnival Celebration~~Western 3/04

Aug 1, 2004 Carnival Elation--Yippee, Our 3rd Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

hilltopfamily, I'll try to help you if I can. Carnival and Royal Caribbean are somewhat similar. The Explorer does have a rock climbing wall and mini-golf, Conquest does not. Also there is an ice skating show and passengers can also ice skate on the Explorer. The Promenade deck with the shops and cafes in the middle of the ship is different -- you wouldn't realize you are on a ship. We really enjoyed the Explorer. That being said, I've heard alot on these boards that Carnival has a better program for the kids, so that may be a determining factor for you. The Conquest is a little smaller than the Explorer but it is still pretty large. Just consider it's only two of us cruising as our kids are now adults. Other than this you may wish to consider the ports of call. In a nutshell I would do either one of them again, and will probably do the Conquest a 3rd time next year (it docks right up river from us). We were booked on the Navigator (sister ship of Explorer) this Nov. but changed it for a 10-day Princess cruise. We haven't sailed Princess in a few years and a 10-day cruise is too hard to pass up otherwise we'd still be on the Navigator. Sorry to make this so long. Anyway, you can't go wrong with either one. Hope this is of some help and if you have more questions let me know.

Check out our pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/natron24

Premier Royale 7/87

Sovereign of the Seas 11/90

Enchanted Seas 4/91

Ecstasy 11/91

Celebration 6/92

Crown Princess 11/92

Enchanted Seas 12/92

Tropicale 6/93

Crown Princess 11/93

Enchanted Seas 12/93

Celebration 6/94

Regal Princess 10/94

Enchanted Seas 12/94

Tropicale 4/95

Regal Princess 10/95

Enchanted Isle 5/96

Enchanted Isle 8/96

Crown Princess 10/96

Nieuw Amsterdam 4/97

Enchanted Isle 9/97

Celebration 10/97

Enchanted Isle 4/98

Norwegian Star 7/98

Celebration 11/98

Enchanted Isle 12/98

Norwegian Sea 5/99

Enchanted Isle 11/99

Enchanted Isle 5/00

Destiny 11/00

Inspiration 5/01

Celebrity Century 11/01

Explorer of the Seas 11/02

Carnival Conquest 5/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 11/03

Carnival Conquest 5/04

Sun Princess 11/04

Fishes_kiss.gif

hilltopfamily..........

We have been on 2 cruises....Explorer of the Seas (March 03) and Conquest (May 04). We have 3 boys ages 9, 12, & 20. We absolutely loved the EOS and were almost afraid to try anything else but decided to do the Conquest this year for 2 reasons. One was money (it was considerably cheaper), and the other was our TA who told us that Carnival ranked just after Disney for their kids programs. Well - although we did enjoy the cruise on Conquest (how could you not?) and felt we definitely got our money's worth, given a choice again, we would for sure pick the EOS. I was FAR MORE impressed with the kids program on EOS (Adventure Ocean). My kids were there every possible minute. My 9 year old enjoyed Camp Carnival but nowhere near as much, and my 12 year old didn't even get involved with his group at all on Conquest. EOS has SO MUCH more to do for active kids and teens (full-court basketball, inline skate track, rock wall, mini-golf, ice rink). The water slide on Conquest is nice though. I also heard that the Explorer now has fresh water pools?...which would be a big plus for our family if true. Then again if you're late night people, Conquest has a midnight buffet every night where EOS only has their gala buffet one night. And the Burgers, Dogs, Fries, and Pizza on the Lido Deck on Conquest are quite good. And the Conquest has soft serve ice cream available 24-7, where on EOS it's only available till 8pm. So there are many differences. I don't know if this is normal or not for the Conquest, but that ship never stopped swaying side to side for SEVEN DAYS!!! The seas were not rough - the worst it ever got was "moderate" seas which is roughly 4-7 ft. It was not movement that would cause seasickness, just minorly annoying and uncomfortable (at least to me). There are alot of pros and cons to both ships but for what it's worth our family vote came out to be EOS preferably next time, or at least another voyager class ship. You really can't go wrong either way though.

Explorer of the Seas 03/03

Carnival Conquest 04/04

"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful...." J.Buffett

Wow! Thanks for the info guys, you've given me lots to think about. Again, I hope the OP doesn't mind my interferring in his/her post, but I have another question. What about the movie theater on the RCI ships---does it run movies frequently enough, different choices in movies, and are they suitable for kids most of the time? Conquest doesn't have a movie theater, does it? This could be a factor for us between Conquest & RCI since my son REALLY liked going to 1st run movies "on his own" while on Disney. That & the freshwater pools were a big deal for him, so if voyager-class went with the freshwater pools as you mention they might, I may have a "winner".

Thanks so much for taking the time to help us all out with info on the Conquest---the pictures on Ronath's page for this ship were just incredible!

Penny

Disney Magic~~Eastern 7/03

Carnival Celebration~~Western 3/04

Aug 1, 2004 Carnival Elation--Yippee, Our 3rd Cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

I'm not sure if all voyager class went to fresh water pools but I just heard the Explorer did.

As far as the movie theater goes..........I, too, have a movie buff of a son so I checked into this. The EOS has no movie theater. They have a small screening room on deck 2 that we saw a video about the Explorer's Marine Program when we took a tour. And I know the Ocean Adventure Kids Club took the kiddies down there on "pajama night" to watch a Scooby-Doo movie but they don't regularly run movies there. I did hear though, that the Mariner does run movies regularly on theirs, but not first-run movies....more like "dollar-movie movies"...not new but not yet on video. I don't know if this is true or not.

The Conquest ran a movie one day in their regular theater on a big screen that dropped down from the ceiling ("Stuck on You" was the movie) but it only ran once and it was at 5:00 which we could not watch because dinner was at 5:45!! That was a bummer....and I thought it was pretty bad timing. They could have at least run it more than once.

Explorer of the Seas 03/03

Carnival Conquest 04/04

"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful...." J.Buffett

• 4 weeks later...

Archived