Enough time to do sting ray tour?

Meliss503

We are going to be in Grand Cayman from 7-2 on the Carnival Inspiration. I have been talking to Mark from Moby Dick tours and their first tour leaves out at 9, however they do not recognize daylight savings time. So the tour will be leaving at 10 and it is a 3 hour tour. I don't know whether to go on it or not. Any recommendations? Anyone been on the Inspiration and gone on this tour though Moby Dick?

We just returned from a five-day cruise aboard the Inspiration and our trip to Stingray City was a highlight. We decided to wing it and hooked up with Carson's Stingray City Tours after we got off the tender in Grand Cayman. It was a breeze: $40 cash for each person, including a quick van ride to a small dock where we caught a boat to the stingrays. There were 15-20 people on our boat, with a three-person crew who could not have been better. Our trip included a half-hour at stingray city (plenty of time for photos and playing with the stingrays) and then a half-hour snorkeling at a coral reef nearby (equipment provided by the boat). Free soda and water on board. The Carnival excursion boat we saw was probably five times the size and about half the fun! We got to the tender about 9 a.m. and were back at the dock a few minutes before 1 (when the last tender supposedly leaves) but were in line for probably 30 minutes. So don't panic if you get back a few minutes late. Besides, these tour operators know they won't make money if they don't get their customers back on time!

• 1 month later...

I also will be in GC from 7-4pm the end of August on the Caribbean Princess. We have a charter booked and was told to meet them at 8:30, so if I'm correct thats 9:30 ship time. Do all the ships that port in GC have their dock times different then the islands for this time of year?

Archived