Plus sized women..Comfort on cruise for Plus sizes?

It always amazes me that the people who are the most critical of someone's else's appearance usually are not the "10's" of the world. It really no one's business if the guy in the speedo weighs three hundred pounds or not. Don't look if it offends you. Or when the person who is 50 lbs overweight trashes the person who is 100 lbs overweight.

You're right, it is no one's business, at the same time though, it helps to see someone else in the same boat as you being confident in their skin! When we went on our cruise, I was about a 22/24. I was extremely insecure about going into the pool or hot tub, that is until i saw other plus-size people enjoying themselves. I said to myself, hey if they can enjoy themselves, i am going to as well.

I am a very large lady and I myself love to cruise - I have never had a problem sitting in any of the chairs and have even laid back on the lounge chairs by the pools. I have seen people 3 times my size wearing swim suits that I would not be ever able to wear in public. I am in awe of those ladies that can let it all hang out like that as I am not that comfortable doing things like that myself! I think your MIL will love it - just be yourself and have fun that is my motto! :)

:mad: OK TELL ME WHY THEY MOVED THIS TO THE "FASHION" TOPIC???

Either they did not read the entire topic OR a totally skinny person did the moving......ok..that was a nasty comment...but....

This is NOT about Fashion look how many people are reading this!!

Boo...

Instead of complaining that this thread was moved, has anyone who objects contacted a moderator/Host and asked that it be moved someplace else? That would be the proactive thing to do if you're that concerned about the thread's placement.......

:mad: OK TELL ME WHY THEY MOVED THIS TO THE "FASHION" TOPIC???

Either they did not read the entire topic OR a totally skinny person did the moving......ok..that was a nasty comment...but....

This is NOT about Fashion look how many people are reading this!!

Boo...

Have I read this right? (would hate to fall victim to English/American language differences). If I have, and this is a complaint about it being on the fashion topic, oh dear....It may not be a fashion question, but I think it's been a delightful debate generated by the lovely OP. Does it really matter in the great scheme of things?

Regards, Mary

I agree it is a delightful topic and am grateful the OP bought up the issue. However if she had not originally posted it on the Carnival page I would not have found it since I don't browse the "fashion" topics.

Hi. Im a "newbie" I would guess, and didn't even know they "moved" this thread/topic. Im just glad you are all discussing size issues. Im not a very big person, but bigger than most I suppose, especially in the upper half of my torso. I can't tell you all how many times well-meaning person has suggested (I think impertinently) that I have a breast reduction. I can't. I cannot have "elective" surgery of any kind due to a bloodclotting issue I have. Rather than go into a dreary discussion of personal health, I simply say, "Oh, do you think so? I'll have to check into that." Usually this shuts them up.

Since I am going on my very first cruise at the end of May, I am busy finding just the right wardrobe and debated endlessly it seems over taking a bathing suit. My favorite fits me just fine and I really want to hang out at the pool, on the sundeck and do other "cruisy" like things, BUT, I have argued myself in and out of this a dozen times in the past few weeks.

Today, after reading this thread, I bought a "cover-up" in a lush turquoise that matches my suit and ta-hell-with-em-all, I am going to have a good time. I know I will get "those looks" but, heck Im also nearsighted as all get-out, so I won't be able to see them looking (if I don't wear my prescription shades...anyway, I will try not to notice.

It's nice to know Im not the only self-consciouis/size-conscious female out there in cruiseworld. Somehow or other I got the idea that everyone on board will look like the brochure photographs...silly idea, that!

Again, thanks much gang.

DD:cool:

Hi. Im a "newbie" I would guess, and didn't even know they "moved" this thread/topic. Im just glad you are all discussing size issues. Im not a very big person, but bigger than most I suppose, especially in the upper half of my torso. I can't tell you all how many times well-meaning person has suggested (I think impertinently) that I have a breast reduction. I can't. I cannot have "elective" surgery of any kind due to a bloodclotting issue I have. Rather than go into a dreary discussion of personal health, I simply say, "Oh, do you think so? I'll have to check into that." Usually this shuts them up.

Methinks most comments are based on jealousy; as I'm under-endowed in the chest department I, for one, am extremely envious.

Regards, Mary

Dear Norfold Brit, Well maybe, but sometimes I think I look just like yeast bread rising in a pan. (Maybe I should try a suntan)...tee hee

We should all just be happy the way we are and be happy that other people are the way they are, too. If we were all alike, a lot of us would be unnecessary!

DD

• 2 weeks later...

I am a big woman who just returned from my cruise on the Carnival Liberty. Just wanted to let you know that I wrote about my experiences and posted it on a thread on the Carnival board (since people seem to feel that this one should not have been moved) Happy cruising everyone!

Archived