HELP! Crew or experienced cruisers!

cruzingqueen

What does this mean? I am currently waitlisted on a sold out ship for a cruise in April. My TA called to check the status and I am still waitlisted but I have a table assignment and dining time. Have you seen this before? Does this mean I will clear? Any insight is much appreciated. I am traveling solo so maybe they just had an extra chair in the dining room? At this point, I will be happy to sleep on one of the lounge chairs pool side. :)

Unfortunately, iIcan't answer your question but I have question for you. Did you HAL take a deposit to be waitlisted? We are trying to find availability on the 8/12 sailing of the Maasdam my TA said Hal will waitlist us as long as we give them a $1000 deposit. My question is how long do they hold the deposit to see if something comes available. Then if we decide to make other plans is it refundable? Waiting an answer from TA.

Hi, How odd to give you a table assignment and no cabin.

I've been waitlisted for 5 weeks for a 4/21 HAL cruise and they needed a $850 deposit which I gave them. As far as I know I'll get the deposit back if the cruise doesn't come through.

I paid a $400-$500 deposit and it is refundable. I assumed there would be no problems getting it returned if I clear the waitlist but decide I don't want to go. The only reason this would occur for me is if airfare is outrageous at that point. The longer it takes to clear the waitlist, the airfare is only going higher.

Archived