YAY!

PJDH4

I read these boards almost everyday, but am mostly just a lurker and rarely comment and even more rarely post my own thread.  However, we are leaving in one week on our annual Spring Break cruise! (Yes, yes, I know, Spring Break - but, both my husband and I are in education and we have two teenagers and summers are busy with preseason football and cheer, so Spring Break it is.) We will be on the Mardi Gras for the first time and I could not be more excited!  Looking forward to a week of reading books in the sun with a drink by my side.  What should I be looking forward to at night?  Tell me about the entertainment that is unique to Mardi Gras.

• Like 5

Mardi Gras is awesome!  

‘’if you are going to the shows in Grand Central, get there early or all the good seats will be taken.  In my opinion, Granc Central is the one area that Carnival failed.  When I am watching a show, I like quiet.  Grand central has too much going on in the background (coffee place, people walking by) for it to be quiet.

Bolt is a must do at least once.  I found the comedy shows hilarious, but those (as with food) are a matter of personal taste.  That is another one of the things that you want to get there early if you want a good seat.  Sometimes, the line was very long, but it did move quickly when the doors opened.

They have dive-in movies, but I am not really into that so much.

Live music everywhere, and it’s good.

They have the usual parties and such, and we had a blast.

Check out reviews by Saint Greg (also check his travel blog), Jamman54, and sid_9169.  They’ve all sailed Mardi Gras and do awesome reviews with a lot of great pics and info.

• Like 1