Ft. Lauderdale post cruise

cruisejunkie

Last September when we got off the Zuiderdam in Fort Lauderdale we had already reserved rooms for the weekend and a car waiting. We drove down to Key West after we got off the ship, that was an incredible drive and spent the night and drove back and went through Miami and spent the night in Fort Lauderdale and the next morning went on a tour of the Everglades that was really great and after the tour we drove straight to the airport and caught our plane back home. It was awsome and we really made our weekend worthwhile in Florida.

Kathy

We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Port Everglades/Airport. It was acceptable. There is a train track on one side of the hotel and the airport on the other, but we didn't have any problem sleeping. They offer a shuttle to (but not from) the port. It looked somewhat chaotic -- I was glad we had a rental car -- but there were five cruise ships embarking that day.

We had a Budget car and returned it at their 17th Street location near the pier; they also shuttle to the pier. My DH dropped the rest of us off at the pier first, and he was back before we reached the front of the check-in line.

We didn't do a ship tour on the final day, but I remember hearing an announcement that those tours would only happen if enough people signed up for them.

Archived