What?!?!? No Kauai????

schkr01

I booked my first Celebrity Cruise this time last year when the October 2006 dates for Hawaii (Infinity)were first announced. At that time it was leaving from San Diego, CA and had stops in Kauai and Maui, at Hilo, Kailua Kona and Honolulu. A few months later, Celebrity changed where it was leaving from to LA and flipped the itenary. Now one year later, the itenary changes again. Now no Kauai. It appears that no cruise to Hawaai will include a stop in Kauai. The only thing remotly close is a cruise AROUND Kauai and that is only for ppl on Sumitt.

What's up here? I paid for 4 islands and now I only get 3? Now I can understand an island can be skipped because of a natural disaster, but the last that I heard, Kauai has not sunked into the Ocean nor blown up by a volcano. Is Celebrity hurting that bad that they cannot afford to cruise a bit northwest? And btw, I was not even notified by Celebray that a change was made. I found out because I was researching possible excursions.

I booked my first Celebrity Cruise this time last year when the October 2006 dates for Hawaii (Infinity)were first announced. At that time it was leaving from San Diego, CA and had stops in Kauai and Maui, at Hilo, Kailua Kona and Honolulu. A few months later, Celebrity changed where it was leaving from to LA and flipped the itenary. Now one year later, the itenary changes again. Now no Kauai. It appears that no cruise to Hawaai will include a stop in Kauai. The only thing remotly close is a cruise AROUND Kauai and that is only for ppl on Sumitt.

What's up here? I paid for 4 islands and now I only get 3? Now I can understand an island can be skipped because of a natural disaster, but the last that I heard, Kauai has not sunked into the Ocean nor blown up by a volcano. Is Celebrity hurting that bad that they cannot afford to cruise a bit northwest? And btw, I was not even notified by Celebray that a change was made. I found out because I was researching possible excursions.

Are you on the 10/22 cruise? The itinerary shows 4 islands for that one.

1.Maui (Lahaina), Hawaii,

2.Hilo, Hawaii,

3.Kailua Kona, Hawaii,

4.Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii

Hi Char,

Make that 4 ports, 3 islands. It is interesting that Kauai is not on the itinerary.

Hey Bill :D

I wonder if it is because of the difference in the distance -- LA instead of San Diego? Last October we were on Infinity out of San Diego and our itinerary was probably the one schkr01 originally booked. It's a shame to miss Kauai.

1.KailuaKona, Hawaii

Tendered

Arrive 7:00 AM

Depart 6:00 PM

2.Nawiliwili (Kauai), Hawaii

Docked

Depart 5:30 PM

3.Lahaina (Maui), Hawaii

Tendered

4.Honolulu (Oahu), Hawaii

Docked

Depart 7:00 PM

5.Hilo, Hawaii

Docked

Arrive 8:00 AM

We have booked th October 14th Hawaii cruise on Summit. The itinerary has changed for this cruise also, but the price for our CC cabin has dropped by $200 pp!

Forunately, the Na Pali coast of Kauai which we will be cruising, is spectacular and IMHO the most dramatic scenery in all of the Hawaiian islands.

Check with your TA's on your prices! :D

If the itinierary is skipping Kauai, are they making it up by extra time on another island, like an overnight on Maui? Our first Hawaii cruise was a transitioning cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver and we boarded in Honolulu. For the people who flew in the same day this meant they did not see anything on Oahu. But we did overnight in Maui which was a great way to spend 2 days.

On our 1/15 sailing LA to Hawaii, we did go to 4 islands but frankly I would have skipped Kona or Kauai for extra time in Maui. We were there 7 AM to 3 PM which was much too short. Actually we didn't weigh anchor (always wanted to say that) until 4:30 as there were still so many people coming back on the tenders @ 3:00.

Hello,

I am on Summit in Dec 2006 for the Hawaii crise. We were always going out of LA so the change isn't due to that. I wonder if it had to do with the dam break 2 weeks ago?

I mind/don't mind that we will miss the port as I wanted to see the fern grotto but now we will be in honolulu on a day we can see the culteral center. The thing I minded more is that we are not in any of the ports (except Hilo) on the date we were supposed to be. I rented cars in each port so now I had to go back and move that as well as other things I have already reserved. Don't get me wrong..as long as I am on a cruise - I am happy. I just wish we had been notified via email or something so that we could make any changes we had.

Desiree

Have a great cruise!

My TA just called..Celebrity gave us a $50.00 credit for the missed port. My TA said that the reason for the port change was that there is a situation in allowing certain ships to dock..She said that she had another line that dropped the port as well and she is calling those guests too. She did not say which line it was.

I should have asked her if the credit was based on the cabin level or $50.00 across the board.

I will miss the port but it was nice to get a credit without asking.

Desiree

Archived