visa - before or onboard?

Hi,

This is our first cruise aboard P&O (have done a couple previously on Princess), and we booked late so it's a bit of a rush to get everything ready.

Got an email today about the new Indonesian visa's, which we kind of thought the cruises provided, so that was a surprise. But I'm confused if this is something that needs to be arranged pre-cruise, or if you can indeed let them charge it to your account onboard.

We don't want to turn up and be refused to get onboard if we don't have it, but it also seems there is some security issues with obtaining it online...?

Does anyone know what the right thing to do is...?

If you are doing the Fremantle to Fremantle Indonesian cruise they will do it onboard. We were asking for weeks some P&O staff said you had to get it yourself others you could get it onboard! We got an email last week saying they do it onboard but only for AU NZ passport holders.

We got ours online from official site, I got my visa Tracey did not? after about a week she started getting emails with her passport photo saying hi! Embassy in Perth said the official site is not secure, took us about 3 weeks and many complaints until we were able to hunt down her visa via the secure payment system chatline.

P&O are very slow at giving correct information. If you log into your cruise control there are emails top right you will start getting correct information and instructions 2-3 weeks from sailing.

22 hours ago, fishtaco said:

If you are doing the Fremantle to Fremantle Indonesian cruise they will do it onboard. We were asking for weeks some P&O staff said you had to get it yourself others you could get it onboard! We got an email last week saying they do it onboard but only for AU NZ passport holders.

We got ours online from official site, I got my visa Tracey did not? after about a week she started getting emails with her passport photo saying hi! Embassy in Perth said the official site is not secure, took us about 3 weeks and many complaints until we were able to hunt down her visa via the secure payment system chatline.

P&O are very slow at giving correct information. If you log into your cruise control there are emails top right you will start getting correct information and instructions 2-3 weeks from sailing.

Yes, Fremantle to Fremantle. Thanks, that helps a lot.

That's unfortunate about Traceys visa. You'd think something like that would be secure.

On 3/29/2024 at 2:33 PM, kylie_k said:

Yes, Fremantle to Fremantle. Thanks, that helps a lot.

That's unfortunate about Traceys visa. You'd think something like that would be secure.

Dont forget (if you haven't already done) you need to do your online arrival tax documents and have a barcode for it at boarding, you don't pay the $15pp tax upfront it is deducted from your cruise card, this is a new tax Indonesia have put on travellers.

You will find instructions in P&O,s "Manage My Booking" top right  email envelope.

On 3/31/2024 at 1:37 PM, fishtaco said:

Dont forget (if you haven't already done) you need to do your online arrival tax documents and have a barcode for it at boarding, you don't pay the $15pp tax upfront it is deducted from your cruise card, this is a new tax Indonesia have put on travellers.

You will find instructions in P&O,s "Manage My Booking" top right  email envelope.

Thanks, yeah we're onto that. Although we already paid the $15 for that one. The person in our party that did it said that it had to be paid to get the barcode. Hopefully we wont be charged again.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kylie_k said:

Thanks, yeah we're onto that. Although we already paid the $15 for that one. The person in our party that did it said that it had to be paid to get the barcode. Hopefully we wont be charged again.

No Stress! If you have paid you have paid 🙂 This is the most " Non Informative" Cruise we have ever done on any CruiseLine! We have actually done this same cruise with P&O twice before (although a few years ago)! Does your party have shore tours booked for Komodo? You cant get off the ship unless you have an official tour booked! Aso re Lombok you can get ships transport to Sengiggi and pay for day use at quite a few Sengiggi Resorts.

Cheers Den

Edited by fishtaco