Vines menu

jannieb

We are on the Sapphire in May on an Alaska cruise and we have Princess plus. There aren't a lot of casual venues on this particular ship but we're ok with that. I understand that Vines menu is a charcuterie-type board.  We are also ok with that because we often do that at home when we've eaten another meal out and on port days that would be perfect. But reading other posts it sounds like more food than we would eat because we would be charged for 2 if we are both there,  Is it possible (or would it be tacky) to take what we don't eat back to our cabin for another day?  

57 minutes ago, jannieb said:

We are on the Sapphire in May on an Alaska cruise and we have Princess plus. There aren't a lot of casual venues on this particular ship but we're ok with that. I understand that Vines menu is a charcuterie-type board.  We are also ok with that because we often do that at home when we've eaten another meal out and on port days that would be perfect. But reading other posts it sounds like more food than we would eat because we would be charged for 2 if we are both there,  Is it possible (or would it be tacky) to take what we don't eat back to our cabin for another day?  

You can share one plate. We have done this on several ships

Posted (edited)

Photo of our Charcuterie Board on the Sky last year, first cruise after the change..  We have been on several cruises since and the board has included additional breads which were lacking on the original.  For us, this is a meal. Definitely shareable.   Truffles are to die for with a great full body red.  
You can also order alacarte.   Truffles, $3 for 6 pieces with after dinner red.

IMG_1695.jpeg

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 1

Thank you. I have heard that even if you share you are charged for 2. This is our 6th cruise but haven't cruised in almost 20 years. This cruise for us is about the scenery, wildlife, experience, etc and we agreed the dining, particularly the MDR wasn't important to us. But I have no problem with asking about sharing at the time. 

6 minutes ago, jannieb said:

Thank you. I have heard that even if you share you are charged for 2. This is our 6th cruise but haven't cruised in almost 20 years. This cruise for us is about the scenery, wildlife, experience, etc and we agreed the dining, particularly the MDR wasn't important to us. But I have no problem with asking about sharing at the time. 

We have only utilized Vines with using alacarte not the casual dining credits and have been charged appropriately.