Backpack with Expedition Jacket

Is a backpack (or anything else) included with the complimentry jacket on expedition voyages? I thought I read that somewhere, maybe when I ordered the jacket, or on this site, but can no longer find any info. (when I put in Jacket on the seabourn website search, the word isn't recognised???). 

Any info re size, sturdyness, drink bottle holder or anything else would be appreciated, if in fact a backpack is included. (or info re navigating the website)

Cheers

14 hours ago, ludditeluddite said:

Is a backpack (or anything else) included with the complimentry jacket on expedition voyages? I thought I read that somewhere, maybe when I ordered the jacket, or on this site, but can no longer find any info. (when I put in Jacket on the seabourn website search, the word isn't recognised???). 

Any info re size, sturdyness, drink bottle holder or anything else would be appreciated, if in fact a backpack is included. (or info re navigating the website)

Cheers

Backpack, drybag, jacket, boots and beanie may or may not be provided. It all depends on the expedition and where it's going. Antarctica and some polar usually get jacket and drybag. "Others", it depends.  Getting info about what is provided on "others" is a challenge.

• Like 1

We received the HH drybag backpacks on both Iceland/Greenland and Antarctica. The bag is sturdy and well built, but offers no cushion to protect you from whatever you pack inside. We just used ours in Grand Cayman to carry my son's ~20 pound underwater photography setup to/from the hotel and dive boats. The bag held up extremely well, but it was not a comfortable carry.

• Like 1

We were on the Venture this summer to Antarctica.  Landings and zodiac rides were fairly brief - 75 minutes at a time.  As such, I did not feel the need to take the backpack.  The trips were too short to need water or to change layers.  I don’t remember seeing many other passengers take backpacks and I suspect those that did used them mostly for photo gear. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.  I am travelling to the British Isles and have booked some walk/hike shore excursions. Given the above very useful info, I will plan to take my own backpack. 

Cheers

8 hours ago, ludditeluddite said:

Thanks for the replies.  I am travelling to the British Isles and have booked some walk/hike shore excursions. Given the above very useful info, I will plan to take my own backpack. 

Cheers

I think that is wise. My husband has a small, lightweight but sturdy backpack that he uses when we travel and hike. It has water bottle carriers on the side and is easily accessed. We found the Seabourn ones we received last year not as good though adequate for a short trip. We left them on the ship and Seabourn planned to donate any articles left to places Seabourn visited later.

• Like 1