Beach accessible from port in Bonifacio- Corsica?

fraj1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, fraj1 said:

Considering a beach day - any beaches easily accessible (and how) from cruise port in Bonifacio ? 

sorry, cannot help on beaches as I don't recall seeing one, and you will know why when you see it.

We visited on a shorex from Ajaccio.  Bonifacio is spectacularly located, with an upper town high on the cliffs and a lower town around the small  harbour area. As part of our shorex we had an included boat trip from the harbour and it was extremely scenic. We then went to the upper town using the little tourist train and explored once up there.  Streets in the upper town are steep and very narrow, so much so that the crowds visiting at the time we were there made it difficult to walk around or even to stop to look at something. There are spectacular views from up there but without the little train to get us there, I doubt we would have opted for the very steep climb. Some of the crowds had come over from Sardinia using the ferries to visit for the day, but others must have been visiting from other locations on the island, as were we. 

Should you decide against a beach day, I highly recommend you take a boat tour as it was one of the best we have taken anywhere. There were wonderful views of Bonifacio when leaving and arriving back, and we visited calanques and rock formations. We very rarely take a shorex, preferring to sightsee independently but we made an exception for this one and were not disappointed as  Bonifacio  is really  scenic.

You may need to do some homework to find information on beaches or small coves  close to the town, so Google (and Tripadvisor and others) may be your new friends.😀

Edited by edinburgher

7 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

sorry, cannot help on beaches as I don't recall seeing one, and you will know why when you see it.

We visited on a shorex from Ajaccio.  Bonifacio is spectacularly located, with an upper town high on the cliffs and a lower town around the small  harbour area. As part of our shorex we had an included boat trip from the harbour and it was extremely scenic. We then went to the upper town using the little tourist train and explored once up there.  Streets in the upper town are steep and very narrow, so much so that the crowds visiting at the time we were there made it difficult to walk around or even to stop to look at something. There are spectacular views from up there but without the little train to get us there, I doubt we would have opted for the very steep climb. Some of the crowds had come over from Sardinia using the ferries to visit for the day, but others must have been visiting from other locations on the island, as were we. 

Should you decide against a beach day, I highly recommend you take a boat tour as it was one of the best we have taken anywhere. There were wonderful views of Bonifacio when leaving and arriving back, and we visited calanques and rock formations. We very rarely take a shorex, preferring to sightsee independently but we made an exception for this one and were not disappointed as  Bonifacio  is really  scenic.

You may need to do some homework to find information on beaches or small coves  close to the town, so Google (and Tripadvisor and others) may be your new friends.😀

Many thanks for this - I think you're right about beaches and it won't be that day! so the town and a boat trip sounds the way to go. Which boat trip did you do as you found it so good???

Thanks again!

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, fraj1 said:

Which boat trip did you do as you found it so good???

I cannot recall the exact description as it was a shorex, but "our" boat was docked beside others offering similar boat trips at the very end of the harbour, itself attractive with many cafes, restaurants etc. and close to where the coach had to drop us off.

Edited by edinburgher

On 4/9/2024 at 4:32 PM, edinburgher said:

I cannot recall the exact description as it was a shorex, but "our" boat was docked beside others offering similar boat trips at the very end of the harbour, itself attractive with many cafes, restaurants etc. and close to where the coach had to drop us off.

Thank you I have found several to choose from....thanks again....