Upgrade "Offer Strength" Gauge

CarbonRiver

We just got our upgrade offers for our summer Med sailing on Splendida and I think I'm going to try for the YC upgrade as the ship will likely be sold out and pretty packed. There doesn't appear to be any actual YC inventory available for our sailing (and I've read on here that sometimes they might use these offers just as a way to collect marketing data), but the "offer strength" gauge says that even the minimum bid is in the "Excellent" chance range. It doesn't really change wanting to put in for it, but just curious if anyone has a sense for if the gauge has any actual bearing on reality? I couldn't find anything about that in searching on here. Interestingly all the cheaper upgrade categories, like for a sealed window suite, show as must less strong offers on the gauge so it seems they are also trying to steer towards the much more expensive YC offer. 

Also, we are family of 4 so need the sofa bed for the kids (who upgrade for free which is nice), but on deckplans and other sites it isn't clear that the YC Deluxe Suite rooms have a double sofa bed. I assume they won't take the upgrade request if they don't have a room that actually fits us, but anyone know if those sofas do pull out or otherwise have horror stories of not fitting in an upgrade room that we should be worried about? Generally happy with the cabin we currently have picked (the x-large balcony where Splendida curves in at the middle), so wouldn't want to mess that up for anything except the YC experience.   

Thanks!