My daily rant, maybe I have to start doing more of them

GPoll189

Good evening all, I think it was time for me to write again. I have been a way for a while attending to my Physician Assistant courses that I have not writtten in a while.

First of all I want to wish Rev Neal a happy late birthday.

Second I want to seen my prayers and best wishes for the familes and friends of both horriable accidents that have happened in the last two days.

Know what I really want to say is how everyone in the Princess room is thinking that something other than a cigeratte started this fire. Me being an volunteer fire fighter from New York know that this could have happened, but I believe in my heart that is was most likely caused by the above reason(smoking). A fire that has enough fuel to burn can out burn the sprinkler system that is trying to surpress it. Second of all we don't know if the crew had any problem with getting water on the fire. If they did have some problem getting their water(hoses) on the fire it could have expanded. Know with the boat still moving the fire was still being fanned by wind which helps fire burn. The real reason I was bringing this into our HAL chat room is that we all know what happend to the Westerdam when it was being built. It had the same problem we have seen how fast that spread and that was still in its dry dock and on land. For some reason which I really don't know most of these fires find a way of getting out of hand fast. On ships as well as home there are many hidden places where fire can travel. Through wire holes, along pipes, burning installation and etc. HAL has already lost two ships two fires and know alot about this. They have lost the old Princedam and the sister company, sail boat (not sure if it is wind song, or wind star).

Sorry about the rant but I needed to get it off my chest.

Another thing living in New York I am missing my Noordam. Thankfully it will be in port in exactly 7 hours. Can't wait, maybe go down to the port and see it come in. I love HAL I have been saying on them since I was 4 or 5 and haven't stopped since.

Right now my family is booked on the Noordam for the X-mas cruise. Hopefully my rotations for PA school don't make me have to cancel it.

Finally I remember someone posting the bouys off the east coast where it tells us how hight he seas are, I was wondering if someone could possible give me the website for that.

Talk to you all soon. Love the board.

Geoffrey

24 cruises on HAL in 26 years on earth

My pleasure to re-post those links shipmate:

National Data Buoy Center - http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/

U.S. High Seas Marine Text Forecasts by Area - http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/zone/hsmz.htm

Ocean Prediction Center--Atlantic Offshore & Adjacent Waters Sea State - http://www.opc.ncep.noaa.gov/shtml/AtlRegSSA.shtml

sounds like your on the cruise just after us. Enjoy.

24 cruises on HAL in 26 years on earth.
I am green. Not seasick, but envy. I do agree on your findings and am looking forward to learning the true cause of the fire. As the airline pilots say, "The first cause is never the final cause."

Archived