Transfer booked with civitavecchia.org from port to FCO - anyone use?

Purple_Pig

Posted (edited)

The main vendors suggested here are already booked.  I waited too long and that's entirely my fault.  We don't sail for just over 2 months yet, here we are.

I went to the port's website to see if they had a list of vendors and you can arrange a private driver on the site. 

They list their ranking with tripadvisor but I can't seem to find the reviews.  I also can't find anything here when I search.  I think I'm not using the right name to search. 

Has anyone used this service before?

Thank you in advance for any opinions or information!

Edited by Purple_Pig
Detail missing

• Purple_Pig changed the title to Transfer booked with civitavecchia.org from port to FCO - anyone use?

Just a mention that a few weeks ago we picked up a rental car at FCO (Hertz) and dropped it at Hertz civitavecchia ( about a ten minute walk from port)  we had time to kill and toured some old hill towns en route.

A website ending in .org is usually a government department.

You didn't post the full web address - it's  https://www.civitavecchiaport.org/ - the official port website.

Yes, they offer port transfers on their website, but I'm pretty certain that they're merely a booking agency for transfers.

That means it's likely to be more expensive, but the Port has its status and reputation to consider, they will only deal with good reliable operators so I don't think you have anything to fear 🙂

I'm guessing this is for a transfer from the port.

Have you tried operators based at your destination? The airport or central Rome ?

JB 🙂

9 hours ago, John Bull said:

Is that an Old World convention? In the U.S. .org just means "not commercial" and there's no implication it's government-related, per se. Most of the government departments use a .gov extension. (Our postal service even uses a .com).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TouchstoneFeste said:

Is that an Old World convention? In the U.S. .org just means "not commercial" and there's no implication it's government-related, per se. Most of the government departments use a .gov extension. (Our postal service even uses a .com).

On reflection, yes in Europe ,gov is the norm for government websites. 

And .org for quasi-government and non-profitmaking organisations, so much the same as in the USA.

It was the .org in the title that alerted me to this not being a private transfer operator even before I opened the thread.

JB 🙂 

• Like 1

Rome transfers
Rometransferservice.com.   $165e
Rome in limo 
Romecabs.com 190e for 4
Stefano Rome Cabs

Romashuttle.com
Civitavecchia Shuttle Express 170e

Mary Roma Cabs
Romecabtransfer.com $165e for 4l

On 4/19/2024 at 8:40 PM, John Bull said:

You didn't post the full web address - it's  https://www.civitavecchiaport.org/ - the official port website.

Yes, they offer port transfers on their website, but I'm pretty certain that they're merely a booking agency for transfers.

That means it's likely to be more expensive, but the Port has its status and reputation to consider, they will only deal with good reliable operators so I don't think you have anything to fear 🙂

I'm guessing this is for a transfer from the port.

Have you tried operators based at your destination? The airport or central Rome ?

JB 🙂

Correct on all accounts.  I did put from port in the title!

They were not any more expensive than any of the private operators.  Bonus is I know they are approved to drive right up to the ship.

I tried many reputable operators and all were booked or were vague on if they were authorized to drive right up to the ship.  Learned a long time ago that unless I know they can drive right up I do not book them.

Thank you