Bless my TA

RhondaPerr

Hi,

Several months ago I made reservations for the July 1st cruise that leaves from Barcelona. At that time I paid $75 because my husband was not a Captain Club member for air deviation so that we could get reasonable flights in terms of time and layovers.

The flight out is fine...We fly all night and get to barcelona in the morning, but the return flight from the beginning was a problem. We finally ended up with a Luftansa flight out of Venice, connecting in Frankfurt, which got us back at 3 in the afternoon. After reading the boards a great deal I was nervous that we had less than an hour to catch our flight in Frankfurt, so I called my TA who called Luftansa to find out location of gates etc. Luftansa then informed my TA that the flight had been changed and we would have less than 35 minutes to get our connection, so they changed it to the earlier flight. (Celebrity had not notified my TA of any changes)

When my TA called to speak to Celebrity to make sure everyone was on the same page, Celebrity told her there was no way that they would take the earlier flight. The cruiseline will not guarantee anything before 9:30am..

Now we are on a Altiltia Flight out of Venice, have a few hour layover in Milan, and get home almost 4 hours later than before. Celebrity credited me back for the air deviation, which I thought was nice, since they have no control over the airline schedules.

Lastly I posted earlier about my concern about food allergies and excursions..Just an FYI MY TA was able to call and speak to someone at Celebrity and find out for each excursion what was being served and if it would be a problem for me. Also if you have peanut allergies, many of the long distance flights give you an opportunity to order in advance totally peanut free meals, including the use of peanut oil etc.

April 16th I am off to the Carribean and will see first hand what is what with the Millenium. MY ta has postponed my final payment on the Europe trip until I return so that if there are any problems that are really going to ruin the Europe trip, I have some flexibility.

So once again Bless my TA :)

Rhonda

Rhonda- I'm jealous as we were on Millie in June 2004 same itinerary for 12 nights. It was the best trip we have ever taken. This cruise is very port intensive. Do you have excursions booked?

Sharon

Rhonda- I'm jealous as we were on Millie in June 2004 same itinerary for 12 nights. It was the best trip we have ever taken. This cruise is very port intensive. Do you have excursions booked?

Sharon

Yes,

We have decided to use the ship's excursions for our first time. We are all booked at every stop except Croatia where we will walk around on our own...

Archived