Wind Spirit - room question, cabin #104, and other stuff

cielolama

First, many thanks to lovecruisingtoo and cmlva for reassuring me that engine noise won't be a problem in this cabin. Would like to hear from anyone else who has had this cabin or one near it regarding engine noise. We are booked on two back to back cruises, Istanbul/Athens, Athens/Istanbul, leaving 8/26.

Have previously cruised in this part of the world on Princess a couple years ago. Thought that it would be ideal in a smaller ship and are looking forward to this trip so much.

Some of what has made us come back are the history/ruins, the extremely friendly people, the wonderful food, the sparse beauty of the islands and coasts.

We really like the long port-times offered by Windstar

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't spend 2 weeks in cabin 104. There 's only one cabin between you and the stern. I would want to be somewhere between 109 and 126. Also, if I were doing back to back cruises, I would ask them for an upgrade to deck 2 cabin midship. What's the reason you're in cabin 104? We were on the Wind Star in cabin 211 and it was absolutely perfect. There was a couple with a cabin towards the back of the ship and they complained about the engine noise and were moved to another cabin. That won't happen if the ship is already full.

Cabins on decks 1 and 2 on WindSpirit are identical; we had a cabin on deck 1 and thought it was $100 dollars cheaper than deck 2, we preferred it because it was closer to the water; a midship cabin would be slightly prefereable, but I wouldn't worry much about it; the midship preference is most important on a real sailing ship because you have less roll in that cabin; Windspirit utilizes engines the great majority of time and has good stabilizers; so the difference in cabins is minimal.

Archived