Best time of day to visit Dunn's River Falls

Maryintwin

I am considering spending the morning onboard the ship and then heading over to the falls around around 1:00 pm. Will the majority of groups and tours be on their way out at that time and how much time should I allot for our climb ? - we are all in good shape.

It took about 2 hours from the time we were dropped off until we were back to the parking lot. DEFINITELY get there early - we were there at 10:30 am and were MOBBED by boatloads of people trying to make it up.

We arrived at the falls at 9:30 by taxi and had no problem with crowds! :)

We plan on doing the same, taking a cab there and back. It's been a long time since I've been to OR, how long is the cab ride-about 10-15 minutes or so? Thank you.

Yes, about 10-15 min. We got a taxi/van inside the pier area and he came back and got us. The driver will set up a time with you. Have fun! :)

Thank you, we will...next Wednesday, Dunn's River Falls in the AM, Margaritaville in the afternoon :)

Archived