One balcony or two oceanview cabins??

OhioAmy

We'll be cruising with our 5 and 7 year olds for the first time next Spring and we are booked in a balcony room right now, But I am starting to debate switching to get connecting Oceanview cabins. It is either $200 less expensive (if we can get military rate on both) or $200 more (if we have to pay reg rate on 2nd cabin)

Reasons:

- I am starting to be afraid that the 7year old will fall out of the upper if there was rough seas (though I don't know why cause he has a loft bed at home)

- 440 sq feet total vs 185sq ft (but no balcony.. I did love the balcony last time!)

- 2 TV's, 2 bathrooms, etc...

Any advice? What would you do?

Thanks in advance!

~Amy

I would vote for the two rooms! We've done the quad thing a number of times to save some money, but the last two trips we've done two rooms and I don't think I could ever go back to sharing with the kids again.

OhioAmy

I'm having the same dilemma now. I'm getting ready to get off line and call Carnival now and price 2 insides or oceanviews in exchange for our lovely balcony we now have booked. I'll say this...dont wait too long there is a limited number of cabins with connecting doors so you'll want to get yours reserved as early as possible. For me personally if it were just a $200 difference I'd go for the 2 rooms. The extra bathroom and TV for the kids is a plus. And depending on how you pack the suitcases can be a headache with 4 people in the room.

We had an oceanview with a sofa bed last cruise on RCCL. My 10yo had plenty of room for another child on the sofa bed. I say save the $200 and keep the balcony. The door will lock to the balcony if you feel that your 7yo might be tempted! The sound of the ocean beats looking at it!

You didn't say what ship?? We're going on Monarch and it was less expensive for us to get 2 connecting rooms, than to get a suite--MUCH LESS! I would of thought of balcony's but the only balcony rooms on that ship are suites.

we ended up with 2 oceanview connecting. Good luck.

We'll be cruising with our 5 and 7 year olds for the first time next Spring and we are booked in a balcony room right now, But I am starting to debate switching to get connecting Oceanview cabins. It is either $200 less expensive (if we can get military rate on both) or $200 more (if we have to pay reg rate on 2nd cabin)

Reasons:

- I am starting to be afraid that the 7year old will fall out of the upper if there was rough seas (though I don't know why cause he has a loft bed at home)

- 440 sq feet total vs 185sq ft (but no balcony.. I did love the balcony last time!)

- 2 TV's, 2 bathrooms, etc...

Any advice? What would you do?

Thanks in advance!

~Amy

Knowing you didn't say which ship or even which line, but here is an option to consider:

Some ships, all of Royal Caribbean's voyager class ships included, have an odd arrangement on a very few select cabins that gives you a balcony cabin (D1) that connects to an inside cabin. When you are able to get this combination, it is cheaper than connecting ocean view cabins and, obviously, cheaper than two connecting balcony cabins. Gives you the balcony AND gives you the 2nd TV, bathroom, closet, etc. that comes with having 2 cabins! These cabins are in high demand and they might not even be available on your ship or ships you are considering, but it is worth checking out!

Royal Caribbean's Voyager class ships have 2 pairs of this combo. Look at 9376 (D1) & 9381 (L) and/or 9676 (D1) & 9681 (L) on any of the Voyager ships. There may be more, but I know about these!

Archived