Premium Ocean view cabin question

jannieb

We booked the Sapphire with an Oceanview guaranty cabin for Alaska in May. I later bid the minimum for a premium oceanview (for the extra space) and the bid was accepted. Cabin C100. . We knew the location is at the front of the ship. My question is that the confirmation states "metal front balcony". Does anyone know what that means?

21 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

It means the balcony "rail" is solid metal and not plexiglass.  You can't see through it when sitting.

Except it isn't shown as a balcony cabin. It isn't shown with a door, just a window. 

There is a forward structure ahead of the window. You can't access that area. They look like forward balconies, but they are not. The note you're seeing is trying to tell you there is a metal balcony which obstructs your view somewhat.

image.png.1a1fd538b89788345aecc87cef0c9b98.png

44 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

There is a forward structure ahead of the window. You can't access that area. They look like forward balconies, but they are not. The note you're seeing is trying to tell you there is a metal balcony which obstructs your view somewhat.

image.png.1a1fd538b89788345aecc87cef0c9b98.png

Thank you

We had one of these staterooms a few years ago.  Originally sold as obstructed balconies, they were downgraded to Premium Oceanview.

The steel fronted Balcony is still there, albeit with no furniture.  At time of our sailing we were able to use the balcony area but were told it may be closed in high winds (this was the reason for the downgrade) 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jannieb said:

We booked the Sapphire with an Oceanview guaranty cabin for Alaska in May. I later bid the minimum for a premium oceanview (for the extra space) and the bid was accepted. Cabin C100. . We knew the location is at the front of the ship. My question is that the confirmation states "metal front balcony". Does anyone know what that means?

We also did this for our 32 day Sapphire cruise around South America last march. Our minimum bid for premium oceanview was accepted. We received B101. It was amazing. Huge balcony with chairs and foot rests. Your going to love it.

• Like 1