Anyone Booking QM2 Transatlantic 2007?

njreo

My nephew's and my docs arrived. I filled out the online info, so now it's complete. Some data that we sent RSVP had not been entered correctly into the Cunard.com system.

Can't wait!!!

Hi All,

I've been enjoying all of your great posts and wishing I can join you on the QM2! I may have the chance to book the travel agent rate but I need some help.

I'm looking for a roommate on the cruise to do the travel agent rate of $549PP. I would be willing to go alone and pay $1,050, but the airfare is so high. I'm having trouble finding airfare under $700 at this time (either booking it as r/t or as one way back to NYC).

If anyone is interested, knows someone... and if you have any thoughts about the airfare, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Lefty :)

leftwriter@hotmail.com

I'm having trouble finding airfare under $700 at this time (either booking it as r/t or as one way back to NYC).

If you have the vacation time, you can return on the QM2 from Southampton to New York for $738 for an inside cabin.

Ivan

Hi All,

I'm having trouble finding airfare under $700 at this time (either booking it as r/t or as one way back to NYC).

If anyone is interested, knows someone... and if you have any thoughts about the airfare, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Lefty :)

leftwriter@hotmail.com

We are using miles to fly back on Virgin Atlantic. They allow transfer from Starwood and American Express. We are flying Upper Class for 45,000 miles one way. Coach is available for 22,500 points. US carriers do not allow you to redeem points for a one way ticket.

Have you looked at Maxjet for a flight back to the USA? They were offering a special with business class for $499 plus some taxes.

We're using Maxjet. I flew them from LAS-STN last month. Overall I was very happy. And they're starting a LAX route, too.

Hi - just wanted to say thanks for all of your advice. I will look at MaxJet and also look at using any points I have to make the flight back from London to NYC. I would love to cruise back but unfortunately I don't have the time... as it is I'm still trying to clear the time off for this sailing.

Fingers crossed! Thanks again! :)

Does anyone knoe what the temperature might be like outside. I've googled North Atlantic Weather but haven't found a simple temperature guide.

Expect temps in the 50's as that is the ocean temperature this time of year. Add a windchill to that with the ship sailing at 25 knots. Most of the activities will be indoors, and the pool on deck 12 has a sliding dome over it. Definitely not a warm weather cruise! See you onboard...

So, guys, my nephew & I will be in 9031. I hope to meet all of you incl. MistyMoo. We're in Queens Grill but want to do Lotus and whatever with other CruiseCritic members............

Expect temps in the 50's as that is the ocean temperature this time of year. Add a windchill to that with the ship sailing at 25 knots. Most of the activities will be indoors, and the pool on deck 12 has a sliding dome over it. Definitely not a warm weather cruise! See you onboard...

Thanks so much. Let's do lunch or dinner.........

Thanks so much. Let's do lunch or dinner.........

There should be plenty of opportunity for that! Would love to meet and greet any fellow CC'ers onboard. I am traveling with my BF Laurie. Having never been on the Queen before, we are excited!

Andrew

Glad you are joining us, Andrew. To answer your question about things to do, and for those who did not receive the e-mail, the daily schedule of events is posted on rsvpvacations.com. Go to "Activities & Options", then "Events & Parties". On the side near the top is a PDF file called "Daily Schedule.

And Andrew, I doubt you will have trouble finding anyone to play bridge or poker with this crowd.

As for dressing on the ship, the regular sailings have 3 formal nights and some semi-formal nights. People tend to dress up in "country club casual" the rest of the time. However, RSVP is only holding 2 formal nights and the rest of the time is "casual". After all, it is RSVP. On the other hand, it's the QM2. I am not sure what people will be doing. I will not be doing the jeans/T-shirt thing. Anyone else want to share their wardrobe requirements with us?

Anyone else want to share their wardrobe requirements with us?

The only dress code I am personally packing for is dinner. I will be in a tux on the formal nights and slacks with a collared shirt and a sports jacket on the informal nights. I will most likely wear jeans, khakis or shorts (weather permitting) during the day and jeans to dance. Of course, I hope people will observe the no swim wear rule in the dining areas and wear their shirts and shoes in them also. I know RSVP will probably not enforce any dress code, I certainly hope Cunard does. We are paying for the QM2 experience and hope the respect for the vessel and fellow passengers will be shown.

Has anyone thought of having a get together where everyone can meet on the night we arrive?

I looked at the daily schedule, and with the 2 singles parties, the shows, and the variatious meal times, it looks like the only time that is free for everyone is midnight!! That may be too late for some. Many of us have posted our room numbers here. Perhaps we could meet individually by stopping by or calling rooms, and then arrange a group meet at one of the parties on a different day. Or we could ask RSVP if they would add a "Friends of Cruise Critic" gathering to the daily schedule. (I don't have much faith in this one happening but you never know.) Any other suggestions?

I looked at the daily schedule, and with the 2 singles parties, the shows, and the variatious meal times, it looks like the only time that is free for everyone is midnight!! That may be too late for some. Many of us have posted our room numbers here. Perhaps we could meet individually by stopping by or calling rooms, and then arrange a group meet at one of the parties on a different day. Or we could ask RSVP if they would add a "Friends of Cruise Critic" gathering to the daily schedule. (I don't have much faith in this one happening but you never know.) Any other suggestions?

I'm fairly new to cruising (ship type :D ) and to CC. It seems that on many cruises CC members plan a get together at a specified time at a specified place onboard. There has to be some sort of identifying thing if it's at a large venue. On the 2006 RSVP Mex Riv cruise we were going to meet at a bar on embarkation day but no one recognized each other so no meeting. I never got to meet the others.

I wonder if once we're onboard, we could ask the crew/cruise directors to publish a CC meeting. Or someone who knows the ship already could suggest a small venue to meet on day 2 when little other is going on.

Just some thoughts from a neophyte. :)

WooHoo we got our documents today!! Since so many other things about this move are not going as planned, it sure is nice to have something work out.

Hello, Misty Moo,

would you be willing to post your cabin number so we could possibly meet up? In the past I have totally missed folks 'cause I had no way to contact them once onboard. --> For all those also that wanna meet the critter!

Archived